LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I stop this from happening? I know my seal around the top is broken the hard plastic one that goes around the glass. It's still on there but I'm not sure how to put it back on. But I'm not sure that seal keeps water from getting in the trunk. I would think it's the one that goes around the bottom part the one that goes around the speaker panels, soft rubber one.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Everytime it rains it fills back up. When I look around the seal it does not look wet. (East coast here. It's been raining alot 馃槚)

Global Moderator
Does you car have T-tops? If yes the t-top seals are a prime leak area. As is the rear hatch weather seal. Does the hatch pull down all the way? If no, adjust the lock to have hatch tight against weatherstrip.

You might want to get into back seat area next time it rains. That way you can trace the path of water entering.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a hard top. My hatch does close all the way as far as I can tell.

I'll be detailing the car this week. So I'll see if I can have someone with a water hose try and purposely get water in. While I'm in the hatch.

Registered
Did you figure out where it was coming from?
The trim from the glass should not be the problem, since mine doesn't even have a trim that runs all around the rear glass.

I would check the weather stripping of the hatch, and also check from the inside while someone is hosing off the rear area.
There is quite alot water in your trunk, so you should be able to figure out where its coming in I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts