LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just today traded my 9 second malibu for a 1996 Firebird Formula with a vortech supercharged LT1. I am looking to do alot of mods to it, with keeping it streetable! the only thing the car has is the supercharger, magnaflow cat-back, 160* thermostat, and he said the MAF has been de-screened, and 4.10 gears. the car is a M6. but I soon want to change it to a auto. I was thinking a th350. but I want to keep the speedometer. (i think it is a electronic one) he also had a hypertech programmer III, and a msd 6btm. i am interested in headers, but need some suggestions. and info would help. thanks Brian

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
There's a screen on the front of the MAF that you can take out to gain a few CFM, but many get mixed results as it also acts as an air straigtener.

Only recommended if you don't have many bends in your intake tract.

·
Registered
5 Posts
the speedo is electric. the best headers for the money is pacesetter longtubes. it would also be a good idea to reprogram the computer using pcm4less. http://www.pcmforless.com/

·
Registered
71 Posts
why in Gods name would you change the t56 to an auto, eeww.

takes skills to do well in a manual, doesnt take much skill to push a gas pedal on an auto.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah but with a auto you can be more consistent and not worry about missing gears when getting lower in your et's

·
Registered
221 Posts
charged bird said:
I just today traded my 9 second malibu for a 1996 Firebird Formula with a vortech supercharged LT1. I am looking to do alot of mods to it, with keeping it streetable! the only thing the car has is the supercharger, magnaflow cat-back, 160* thermostat, and he said the MAF has been de-screened, and 4.10 gears. the car is a M6. but I soon want to change it to a auto. I was thinking a th350. but I want to keep the speedometer. (i think it is a electronic one) he also had a hypertech programmer III, and a msd 6btm. i am interested in headers, but need some suggestions. and info would help. thanks Brian

lol.. well want to rid yourself of that manual for cheap?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not just yet, but I will be wanting to sell it as soon as I get a new one in it. not sure how soon though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts