LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't had much time to work on it but I at least got the metal marked up last night for the first piece and ready to start machining on it. Maybe I'll get it done one of these days. Here's a pic..........

·
Registered
221 Posts
right on.. keep us updated.. pictures are the best!.. lol.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I only have one small dilemma but I don't think I'm even gonna worry with it....... the intake won't have any runners. I want to keep it as low profile as I can so I won't have to cut the cowl up but in order to put runners on the intake (like you see most sheetmetal intakes have) and have enough room in those runners for injectors plus have enough room for the blower then that means I'd have to make the intake taller with the runners shooting upwards and that's not an option.

Before you say it won't work without runners you gotta remember this is forced induction and also take a look at B&M and Weiand intakes for their small blowers, they have no runners atall, it's just one big open plenum. I believe this will work fine, we'll see anyway. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
221 Posts
NXSLT1 said:
I only have one small dilemma but I don't think I'm even gonna worry with it....... the intake won't have any runners. I want to keep it as low profile as I can so I won't have to cut the cowl up but in order to put runners on the intake (like you see most sheetmetal intakes have) and have enough room in those runners for injectors plus have enough room for the blower then that means I'd have to make the intake taller with the runners shooting upwards and that's not an option.

Before you say it won't work without runners you gotta remember this is forced induction and also take a look at B&M and Weiand intakes for their small blowers, they have no runners atall, it's just one big open plenum. I believe this will work fine, we'll see anyway. :thumbsup:
im sure it will work... just some sort of runners would be more effecient.well... cant wait to see it done!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts