LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to program the entry fob features and followed the owners manual but cant get it to work. Turned the key to run and back. Pulled the radio fuse. Turned the key towards me, accessory mode (hard to do). Then with the door open, pressed the locked button. Always 5 chimes. What am I doing wrong?

·
Global Moderator
13,372 Posts
Didn't you just ask the same question on the firebird nation forum. If yes, go there for my answer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh busted by the forum police again. You caught me. Are you the dummy that posted is was the battery in my fob that was causing the problem.

·
Global Moderator
13,372 Posts
Calling a moderator a dummy on this forum, & calling an administrator on the firebird nation a dummy, isn't doing you any good.

Yes, I recommended checking the battery because many people don't think to check that. When a person posts, we have no idea of what your knowledge level is. So we usually post the simple things first.

If your car goes through the programming procedure and fob doesn't unlock the door, what test have you done to make sure fob is good?

The programing procedure you listed didn't involve the fob until you tried to unlock the door. So wise guy, I ask again what test you used to make sure fob was good.

On my 95 trans am, the programming was a little bit different than newer models, but basically involved the same steps. Fob was doa and door locks still don't work as fob for 95 is very hard to find.

Your lucky I'm in a good mood today. Normally when someone calls me names, the ban button comes out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you cant get it into the programming mode, the FOB is a mute issue. 1.run 2. off, 3.pull radio fuse 4.accessories and its suppose to chime once or twice. There is no chime or programming fuction. FOB and FUCTIONS like entry and lighting work fine. I just want to change them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Calling a moderator a dummy on this forum, & calling an administrator on the firebird nation a dummy, isn't doing you any good.

Yes, I recommended checking the battery because many people don't think to check that. When a person posts, we have no idea of what your knowledge level is. So we usually post the simple things first.

If your car goes through the programming procedure and fob doesn't unlock the door, what test have you done to make sure fob is good?

The programing procedure you listed didn't involve the fob until you tried to unlock the door. So wise guy, I ask again what test you used to make sure fob was good.

On my 95 trans am, the programming was a little bit different than newer models, but basically involved the same steps. Fob was doa and door locks still don't work as fob for 95 is very hard to find.

Your lucky I'm in a good mood today. Normally when someone calls me names, the ban button comes out.
Ban him, ban him, ban him(n). This thumbs down just reminded me of the movie Gladiator. Good movie but the way. No name calling. Not cool!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts