LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently had a promblem with my 95 firebird 3.4l v6. I thought that it was the plugs and wires so i changed them and found out that wasnt it. The wont stay running and when it dies it smells like gas. I left the belt off of it and it stays running but rough. the car also sounds like it is sucking alot of air. i was told it may be a vacuum line. Could anyone help me with this matter. Thank you!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have recently had a promblem with my 95 firebird 3.4l v6. I thought that it was the plugs and wires so i changed them and found out that wasnt it. The wont stay running and when it dies it smells like gas. I left the belt off of it and it stays running but rough. the car also sounds like it is sucking alot of air. i was told it may be a vacuum line. Could anyone help me with this matter. Thank you!
Did you check all the vacuum lines? There's a large rubber vacuum line fitting on top of the intake that tends to wear out and crack or becomes loose.
The pcv and fuel canister line connects to it. Also check the vacuum lines going to the map sensor and fuel pressure regulator if these are cracked or loose the car will run like s**t.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts