LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 transam conv.i cant get my windows up lost total power supply to them please somebody tell me where to start

·
Global Moderator
13,220 Posts
Download the 95 service manual at the following link. Turn to page 8A-120-0 it is the power window wiring diagram & troubleshooting.
My Files

Start with the 30 amp circuit breaker in the IP fuse box. Pull circuit breaker. With key on use test light or multymeter set to dc volts to probe contacts where circuit breaker was plugged in. 1 side of contacts should have battery voltage or light the test light. With either test light or meter, other lead needs to go to a good ground.

If battery voltage on circuit breaker terminal, plug circuit breaker back in. Pull out driver side window switch. Test the brown wire going to switch for battery power with key on. Report your findings and we're go on from there.

If no power on circuit breaker terminal with key on, you have a basic power supply problem. If you have power at circuit breaker but not at switch, your problem could be circuit breaker itself. Or problem with wire, connector C200, or splices S254 or S208 in wiring.

Where C200 and the 2 splices are in wiring, will be found on page 8A-120-1.

Also pull right side window switch and check it's brown wire for power with key on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts