LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 Formula and the driver side window keeps coming off the vertical track closest to the rear of the door. I am wondering if anyone has had this problem? Doing searches I only found motor and regulator replacement issues, but this track is not part of the regulator assembly.

Can anyone tell me if the vertical track is supposed to have a slight bend in it, or is this my problem? I ended up buying a new regulator/motor just to get this all done at once. Also, is there anyway I can replace the stationary roller that is in the vertical track with one of the rollers that is not so chewed up on the old regulator (the current roller does not move within the track well at all, even with a thorough cleaning and grease)? The track, roller, and the rollers connector have been discontinued.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had the same issue the metal part on the back of the roller broke. Its a pain cuz no other "help!" Rollers fit that track.
What I ended up doing was buying dorman part 74430 and bolting that up to the existing hole, pulled the new roller off and dremeled the old one out a little bit for it to fit on the new ball. The only issue for me is the window sits out further making it looser but it rolls up and down just fine.

Also that track is easily manipulated with a c clamp or vice if you need to bend, pinch, or any that for something to fit

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the fast reply! That is exactly what happened. I ended up grinding down a bolt in the shape of that metal part and it fits in the original roller. The only problem is I did that last year, and the metal part keeps popping out of the roller. Is that vertical track supposed to have a slight bend in it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Correction: i just used the dorman part. But I do think I gave that track a slight bend and pinched in the sides a little to put the squeeze on the roller so it wouldn't jump out.

I just couldn't justify having to buy and replace the whole regulator assembly just for that one little (but oh so crucial) piece

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it all working again, and it seems to be holding up. I decided to go ahead and clean the track thoroughly, and clean the roller up the best I could. Hopefully the new regulator assembly keeps it running smooth and not binding.

Definitely a crucial piece that GM discontinued.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.