LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I flow in and out of here time to time for help on the LT1 in my elky but this time its interior related,since all 1990's ish GM vehicles probably had the same power seat wiring, i need a little help on finding the wiring harness(with connector plug)and the switch (any leads on who might have) plus for now until i get it properly connected i need to temporarily (jerry rig)power them up to see if all the motors are functioning. i need the correct wiring diagram(cant seem to find anything on the internet. Heres what i have and i'll attach pics in the next post from my phone.

1990 leather power seats from a Cadillac Barritz

drivers side and pass side has per motor a set of green and tan,lt.blue and yellow, and drk. blue and drk. green wires, the pass. side has additionally a recliner switch(mounted on side of seat with only a power(orange/black) and a ground i hooked it up and got the seat to recline.
Thanks all for the help!!

OOPs! looks like the pics got here first :)

·
Global Moderator
13,240 Posts
You can obtain wiring diagrams for most late 80's and newer cars at the following link.BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products | BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products

You will find the wiring diagrams & tsb's in the. technical info section. You can also find 4th gen f-body service manuals at the following link www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti

For actually finding wiring pigtails, a google search for GM wiring pigtails should find you new ones.

For used wiring pieces, craigslist is full of listings of people parting out GM cars. Ask some of those people if they have wiring harness & wiring pigtails for sale, if it's not listed. Ebay is another source.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks cocobolo95!!! found it on a '92/cadillac brogham wiring diagram, same motors, wire colors,etc. Perfect! Now a stupid question,(admitting to having an elecrical challanged mind). I would like to try and operate the seats without the switch, so in my mind i can connect a ground to the frame of the seat or metal shell of the motor and:

1) apply 12V to the Tan wire to go forward or 12V to the Lt. Green to go back on the forward/back motor ...(of course, 12v to one wire at a time)

2) apply 12V to the yellow and DK. green wires (same time) to raise the seat

3) apply 12v to the Dk.blue and Lt. blue wires (same time) to lower the seat

Would this sequence work or would i break or burn something up?

seat wiring diagram --- http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd/DownloadPdf?id=31035

·
Global Moderator
13,240 Posts
First thing you need to know about power seats, power windows and power door locks is that power and ground are not set in stone. When going one direction power & ground are one way. When going the other direction power & ground are reversed.

As an example; when seat is to go forward, power is fed on tan wire. Light green wire is the ground. To send seat back, the light green wire gets power and the tan wire is now going to ground.

Same with the front height motor. In one direction the dark green wire gets power & dark blue wire goes to ground. In the other direction, the dark blue wire gets power & the dark green wire goes to ground.

Same for rear height motor. In one direction the yellow wire gets power & light blue wire goes to ground. In the other direction the light blue wire gets power & yellow wire goes to ground.

So for testing, one permanent ground won't work. You will have to provide power & ground to each motor, one at a time.
Or if feeling lucky, connect power to cavity "F" of seat connector and ground to cavity "C" of connector. Power will be the orange/black wire. Ground will be the black wire.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
finally got to testing the seats last night and they all work like ther're supose too. Very quiet and smoothe. i think that grounding did stump me. I was thinking i had to ground to the steel seat frame or steel motor housing and keep noticeing that the steel metal motor housings where either attached to an aluminum bracket or rubber bushing and would have no way of a grounding path to the steel frame. Sill having a hard time locally trying to find a switch let alone a full harness. ebay and amazon are so-so, probably got to widen my search pattern to like 1990's,91, 92 etc./cadillac,buick, oldsmobile,caprice- parts/parting out/interior.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts