LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is a power programmer a good investment or not? and if it is where can i get one for a 93 TA and for how much?

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Terrible investment. For the LT1 some cars even lose power with them. Definitely won't be able to compensate for major mods.

Save your money for a custom tune.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i needed thanks

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Yeah its just a generic tune that Hypertech did based on a stock LT1. They lean the fuel out and increase WOT timing, and a lot of LT1 cars knock with a Hypertech tune because of that.

Plus the hypertech does NOTHING for part throttle, so with big mods its not going to be able to cope. Custom tune is the only way to go for anything wilder than cai and catback IMO.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, any suggestions on a good cat back system? i want one with a unique, loud sound too.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Check the board FAQ, there's an article in there on cat backs. Basically they are all going to give you about the same hp increase...so its your choice based on sound.

Anything but Flowmaster, put it that way.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what?? not flowmaster? thats what i was about to buy, their american thunder system

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
No anything but random tech. I havent heard something as gay as random tech catback since well....flowmaster but still... :lol:

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Flowmaster mufflers don't flow very well. Sophisticated enthusiasts don't buy flowmaster :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
learn something new every day, i gotta thank you for all the help you are giving me

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Yah its good your asking questions but not so many threads eh i no it makes chris excited more posts to add to the numbers crunch but still. Read our FAQ buy a few books and if you want you can PM me. I can tell you what you need to no. Oh and BTW welcome. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts