LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have seen a lot of stuff on porting your own tb, how is this done, i do have a dremil and about every attachment for it ever created. can you feel the gain? would you recomend doing this or just holding off untill i can save up for a 58mm?

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Dremel isn't going to do it dude. Its got to be bored with something that can make a perfectly round hole. Plus you need new throttle blades to fit the larger bores.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh ok i have heard about people doing it with a dremil but i was serriously doubting it, but i do have acess to a cnc machine but i think i will just wait for my money

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
The LS1 TB can be ported with a dremel, because of the way it is made you can smooth the entrance to the TB w/o affecting the actual bore/blade area. On the LT1 TB there's nothing to port except the bores...and for that it has to be bored like you'd bore a cylinder.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
TB is another notneed upgrade. I can let you talk to my friend and owner of xtreme horsepower his old lt1 went 9's stock TB.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow well i have heard all diffrrent things on how they are only good for 450 hp, but i will take it from someone who knows what they are talking about

1 - 6 of 6 Posts