LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this on a few other boards but I guess not here.

It was an interesting day. I think there was something like 6 hours of delays due to oil downs and an accident. Racing was carried over to Sunday. A 6 second blown alcohol altered hit the guardrail pretty hard doing a rolling burnout. Pretty scary. There were lots of feature cars (about 20 including Top Alcohol Funny Cars, Top Alcohol Dragsters, International Blown Alcohol Funny Cars, Blown Alcohol Altereds, and a Pro Mod) to watch so it was a good show when there wasn't all the down time.

I had some major starter problems and missed the first two test runs. I made the third and ran 12.17 @ 113.7. The car still isn't working that well off the line but I was curious to see what it was going to run should we have made our round 1 passes late last night. I am likely still short shifting a bunch at ~5900. I made a new best 114.7mph pass on Sunday morning....car was working well and I made it to the semi-final....and then went home on the trailer. Only made it to half track on that last run.

I havnen't touched the car much this week yet other than pulling a few plugs and seeing if my fuel pumped worked. Hopefully the string of great luck is over:
Wednesday->new digital 6 died (replaced)
Thursday->screw in my slick (fixed)
Friday->oil seeping out of valve cover (fixed)
Saturday->starter issues (band-aid repair that worked for ~20 starts)
Sunday->recurring starter issue and ??? fuel pump ???

Here is the image sequence from our track photographer of the accident:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

1 - 2 of 2 Posts