LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Mother Nature threw a nasty storm our way on Friday night.? We headed out to the track on Saturday morning hoping that the wind would pick up and dry the track out.? After about 4 additional hours of mist, we were unsure if the event was going to go or not.? All of the sudden , the weather turned and I was getting sunburned.? Due to the delay, we only got 2 hits instead of 3 and I was paired up with the points leader in the first round.? I jumped early with an .028 red light and ended the day early.? He went a few rounds and increased his lead.? They haven't posted the standings yet and I am not where I'll be.? The two guys in the finals were non-members so I should be somewhere in the top but about 4 rounds out of top spot already.

For once, the GTA was actually running the number so I am dissapointed that I gave it away.? I raced the leader again at the end of the night in a test pass and cut a .005 light with .004 on my dial in.? Too bad I didn't have that package in the ladder!

It was our Jet/Wheelstander feature and we got a pretty good crown considering the weather.? Chuck Haynes set a new track record for MPH and ET in a Jet Dragster with a 5.20 second pass at 307 mph. Rick Markham also set a new MPH record for a wheelstander at 114.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few pics...

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
I know the feeling.

I've gone out against the points leader my last two races - 3rd round two races ago with a .007 bulb (he won the event), and 1st round last race when he put a .004 light on me (and had a .131 light in the semifinals and lost).

I don't know exactly where I am in the points standing because they only post the first 10 places on their website; but I know I'm two rounds behind #10, 9 rounds behind #1, and 5 rounds behind the all-important #3. I was tied for 13th before the last race (they have paper copies of the full points standings for viewing at the track).

4 race dates left...

(I can't complain too much - last year's season points champ has yet to win a round this year. #2, #3 & 4 aren't in the top 10, either.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts