LS1LT1 Forum banner

plug on opti? unplugged wire? passanger side tune up!!!

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  iyzak 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT: 1994 firebird Formula LT1 4L60E

well 1st time under my "new" LT1 firebird and WOW

1. on the driver side of the opti under the plugs theres a tube thats blocked off by what appears to be orange gasket maker..... im 99.9% sure this didn't come like that so WHY or WTF is that for?

2. while under the car i found a unplugged pig tail i cant follow it all the way but it leads to right where the battery is and then it goes into a mess of wires, the colors of the wires are yellow with a black stripe and Black. Any Clue what these are for? the ground side of it seems to be corroded...

3. Not 100% sure how to change the plugs on the passanger side, is it normal to have to jack up the motor abit? the EGR tube is in the way of the only plug i could get my hands on underneath or above. However if anyone saw my other threads im pretty sure this car was in dire need of a tune up! so im pretty sure my car is gunna run alot better then before and not leave me stranded anymore :).

Discussion starter · #6 ·
thanks everyone and with my forearms i can't get in there to do the passanger side and my friend is what i like to call alil *****, so imma bring it to my local shop normally only charges a few $ for me to do just about anything which helps me out alot because im kinda like a realilistic version of Popeye without the twitch

anywho edited with car info

Discussion starter · #7 ·
after trying a univeral socket and 9" ext. i got the pass side rear plug changed and now it's 2 dark to see anything tomorrow i will finish up unless it's poring rain which is normally what happens when i want to work on a car, I SWEAR AS THIS FORUM AS MY WITNESS MY NEXT PLACE WILL HAVE A GARAGE!!!

Discussion starter · #9 ·
i got them i started thinking simpler and actually found a 1" extension actually worked pretty great, after getting it #4,6 were done almost instantly and #2 and 8 were pretty damn easy as well just had to put the body the right way and find holes for my hands

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.