LS1LT1 Forum banner

Please read first

2M views 388 replies 316 participants last post by  Monte383 
#1 · (Edited)
First id like to say welcome to the site..Please use this section only as an introduction.. a simple thread saying who you are .. where your from.. your vehicle goals etc...

Lately ive been seeing so many threads where people totally disreguard the section.. if you want answers to why your lt1 camaro is overheating? post in the lt1 section .. the place most viewed by fellow lt1 enthusiasts. etc...

feel free to post anything u need help or advice with .. just please make sure it is in the correct section.

#131 ·
Hello everyone my name is Bryan my car is a 1997 z28 lt1 with all the good bolt it's im sending the motor out tomorrow to start my 383 stroker build and hope to get some good advice

#134 ·
New to Forum

Hi
My name is April, I have a 2000 SS Camaro Convertible 6 sp with 54k miles on it. Navy metallic blue, black top. ebony leather interior. Pretty much stock, only upgrade is a LS7 Clutch I helped install two years ago.
I bought the car new in July of 2000 , I still think of it as my "new" car .

#138 ·
Hi. My name is Trent from southern Utah, I have a 1999 Black Camaro SS-M6. with slightly over 63K miles. it is Completely stock other than a Airbox lid - W/K&N, magnaflow exhaust, and 2 tone Catzkin seats,drilled and slotted rotors and 18"rims,

Future plans, I bought the SLP Center Mount Exhaust. I want High Flow Cats to go with it, but unsure whats the biggest bang for the buck, i want to tint all the light lenses except head lights. And hoping i can learn alot... thanks

#140 ·
Hey... I have a '94 Z28. Just got it a few months ago. Had a '96 brand new. Any ways, After I have the trans rebuilt (4L60E) I'm going to put a cam in, have the heads ported w larger valves. Full exhaust, headers etc. lots of plans.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#143 ·

Thanks for the welcome.I live in southern ohio Recently purchased Datsun 289 Z . My prodject is putting an lt1 and a 6 speed in it. I have the lt1 out of a road master but it has no acessory bracket pulleys or alternator ect I will not need power steering ,air, only thing will be the alternator. Anybody ever run into this situation ? I have seen the air con eliminator never power steering. Dont really want to spend to much money in this area. Any suggestions? thanks markw

#144 ·
Hi everyone,My name is John I live in St. Louis I just worked a trade for a 94 Trans Am GT,LT1,six speed,shorty headers,flowmaster,cai,short throw shifter,heavy duty clutch,nock off c5 wheels and came with extra set of torque thrusts.I am married 39 years old w/5 kids wife gave me go ahead to trade extra car we had for T/A so needless to say i'm pretty pumped car does need some attention but i'm not concerned I am a mechanic by trade even with a low budget i'm looking forward to the progression of a street killer with you guys helping.Thanks.

#145 · (Edited)
Hello, I'm chris from Idaho, i picked up a 94 z28 with a spun rod bering I am re building on a tight budget so im looking for good reliable parts. Auto Lt1 pretty much stock. some block off plates on the back of the manifold and a gutted cat. looking at speed pro 2V relief pistons with 1.56 comp height stock heads that I am porting and (maybe 2.02 and 1.6 valves), 1.6 RR I need to verifiy that they are 1.6 (cause i just have someone shaky word on that) before i order a cam cause i am going to be pushing the lt4 springs right to their limit. I want to be able to run almost to 7K on the motor and want to do the ballancing of the stock rods my self. little tips of power and ballencing is welcom.

#146 ·
hi every 1...my name is dane...i have a 95 z28 with lt1...hotcam..ported lt4 heads and intake...cold air..pacesetter headers..etc....this site has alot of info so very cool!!!!!

#147 ·
Greetings from Eastern Washington...!

Hi all! I've poked around this site off and on for a while now. I'm new to the F-body scene as far a being an owner, but I've been in the automotive performance industry for 20+ years. I recently bought a 1995 Camaro Z-28 M6 with a spun rod bearing (how many times have I seen that on an LT1...?). I'm just finishing a 396 build for it. Go big or go home, I always say!:thumbsup:

After years of building other people's projects, or buying cars to build and resell, I think I'm gonna keep this one around for a while. With that in mind, I figured I would kinda pull out the stops and build something I would enjoy driving. Something I could hit all the 'cruises' in the area, as well as lay down some highway miles heading to some of the larger events ; Hot August nights, etc...

After much deliberation, I opted to break with my long tradition of 383's and build a 396 with a forged rotating assembly - Scat 3.875" crank, Scat 'Lite' 6" H-beam rods, SRP coated forged pistons (4.030"). I went with AFR 195 Comp heads, Comp Pro Magnum roller rockers, port matched Edelbrock LT4 air-gap intake, Bosch III 36# injectors, 58mm throttle body and Pacesetter long tubes.

The biggest sticking point on this build, since this was to be my own car, was camshaft selection. I want something that will make good power, obviously, but I have very definite tastes when it comes to idle sound and quality. I not only want a certain amount of chop/lope, but I want a certain 'type' of chop/lope. In the end I went with the GM847 grind. I know that it will make good power, but the idle is what sealed the deal. I'm sure there are a number of cam grinds that will make more power, but I'm not necessarily looking for every last ounce out of this one. It just needs to be somewhat unique (there's not a 396 LT1 under every hood...!), have good street manners, and it has to sound just right...:cool:

#149 ·
My name is Jacob I live in illinois, I have a 94 Trans Am GT. Yellow bout 457 of those made that year like that... just got it paid off and i think i paid way to much but i had the chance to get a 4th gen way sooner than i thought and wanted it so i got it, right not im looking for a shop in central il to work on it i have a thread in lt1 tech and something in the regional forum.... I just want my mustang killer back on the road lol!

#151 ·
Hi my name is Andrew I'm from Vancouver Canada I was given a 1994 z28 a few months ago as a project car I've replaced alternator power steering pump ac compressor basically the whole interior and steering colum and my torque arm eventually I just want to drive from Canada down to California and not worry if its going to bust along the way I dont know a lot about cars I am going to school to be a mechanic now so any and all information would be very appreciated thanks.
Andrew

#153 ·
Hey all

Hey guys Im Im in the Army and stationed at FT Bragg NC.
I just bought a 97 trans am on my way home from work today. It's got a vortech supercharger and a bunch of other mods from what I could see. It's gonna need some love cosmetically and Im going to have to go through the whole thing to make sure its solid before I take it to the local dyno for a tune (bought from dealer who did not know anything about it) the price was right and it as crazy fast. I've been trolling for years since I had to sell my GT mustang when I first joined the Army and finally was able to get another muscle car. Look forward to learning the ropes from the guys here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.