LS1LT1 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 378 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
hello I'm Heath from Illinois. I bought a 1995 Z28 about 6 months ago and the head gasket is now blown. working with my dad, but have a few questions to ask...will ask themin the appropriate section of this forum.

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
just getting started

Hey Folks,
I'm a diagnistic tech at a small shop in Chicago.
I've had a 94 Z28 for about 8 years. Had done some bolt ons when I first got the car (Headers, cold air induction, Hypertech power program)

Just recently I had to repair a blown head gasket so I figured it was time to go for it. I had the heads done at a machine shop here in Chicago. (Mild porting with a "compitition valve job"?)

As I said I'm a mechanic but I have not been involved with perfomance in a loooong time!

Looking forward to re-learning a whole bunch of things. esp. Programming

·
Registered
635 Posts
i have only been on for a couple months so i will go ahead and do this

im michael im from nashville tenn.
i work at LG motorsports (DYNO TUNNING) and im a full time student
i have had this camaro about a year i have owned 5 now this is my 3rd f body i have had two 3rd gens :D

·
Registered
21 Posts

Hello, my name is Trevor I'm from Lynden, Ontario, Canada. I own a 97 Firebird 3.8L 5 speed I use it as my daily driver 3 seasons out of the year. I'm tired of being spanked by my buddy's volvo and my other friend's BMW so I've been looking for a V8 car but prices are crazy in my area. Which has convinced me into doing a V8 swap I'm currently collecting everything I need to do it. Also I own a 79 Formual which I am restoring and doing up mildly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ah, what the hell. Im bored lol.
Josh, from Wausau WI, work at an Autozone and a Dodge Dealership.
1996 Camaro SS, M6 T-Tops, BBK shorties, Cam, ear-bleedingly loud 4.10 gears.
As of now the car has an exhaust leak by the header and whiney gears. Its a helluva lot of fun and in the near future all I really plan to do is replace the BBKs with some long-tubes, have new Motive 4.10s put in with a pinion spacer, brace up with diff so I can actually DRIVE it and have a buddy of mine throw a decent tune in it for better milage/power. I figure low 13s or high 12s with decent street manners and nice handling is enough.....for now.
Other than is I own: a 91 C1500, a 96 Neon racecar (soon to be sold hopefully), 88 Grand Am (also a stockcar), an 80 Trans Am thats being rebuilt/reconditioned, and a 93 Cutlass Ciera for a winter beater (rocking the yellowish-tan factory colors :rockon:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi my name is jim, just got a 2001 z28 with hurt engine.this is my first LS car. I currently race a 1987 fi 305 camaro stocker.The 01 will be a street car and hope you guys car help me. thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
New Kid on the block!!!

Hi guys, my name is Mike Miles. I am fairly new to the computer scene. lol I am an industrial mechanic by trade, car mechanic by choice. I have a 95 transam with bolt-ons, tune ect. I just picked up a set of draglites, and susp upgrades. I plan to poke and stroke in the next month or so. I was doing some research when I came across this forum. I wish I had found this years ago!!! I am not an expert by any means, but maybe by the time I am done my build I will know a thing or two. Feel free to hit me up if anyone needs anything, will do my best to help you out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Jesse from Arkansas here...I have a 1980 Z28 Camaro, I just purchased a LT1 engine and 6 speed tranny outta 1997 formula firebird. I plan on putting it in the camaro if i can find a suitable wiring harness.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Everyone,

i am new to the muscle car forum, i recently bought a 1997 Pontiac Trans Am, bone stock... i can say there is no replacement for displacement....

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey everybody i have a 96 blazer with full custom tube frame and air ride all around. i have a 95 lt1 4 bolt main that im am building. estimated hp 455 and 12:1 compression.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, Everybody my name is Curtis & I am new to the site. I am from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and I drive a 1994 formula. My plans are to make some new friends, get tips and give them and of course make my car faster.:cheers:

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi im greg from indiana i have a 96 z28 just bought about a 2 weeks ago really proud of how well it has been taken care of. i plan on going all the way through the car over the years motor, trans, susp, that good stuff. Plan on asking questions later..Great site here

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello from Washington state. Bought a 95 Formula with blown head gaskets at 80k miles. After repairing (including .015 being shaved) , have really gotten to like this car. I recently did a fresh coat of black/clear and she is quite the eye catcher. I am going to slowly start doing some mods to gain some more ponies, and would like make them correctly. Hopefully I will ask intelligent questions, and receive good advice. Thanks, and nice to be here.

41 - 60 of 378 Posts