LS1LT1 Forum banner

341 - 360 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Guy

Hello, My name is Justin and I am from Iowa. I just purchased a 95 Trans Am, 90,000 miles, 6 speed, t-tops and all stock except for corsa cat back exhaust. Love it as this is the second f-body car I have owned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Intro!

Whats up guys, new member. Baltimore, MD, '97 Z28-SS.
Looking to do some cleanup to start with, EGR/AIR, etc.
Then once comfortable with working on this thing I'll get into the power specs haha.

Glad to be here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
good deal . mine is a 95ss having low oil press at idle when hot. Replaced oil pump with HV. 160 deg stat, oil cooler heavier oil ,,not much change. rebuilding a 94 engine to swap later when it cools off. 95 days too much sweat. may consider pulling AIR also

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to all; I'm Ricardo; working on a '93 Z-28 LT-1 race-only car. T56 and 4.30 rear. Came up to your forum via browser; looks like it has a lot of very good info I need for the car... Thanks for adding me. From PR..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi everyone, my name is John and I'm from SoCal. I have a 97 camaro ss t56, and am looking for advice on CA. smog legal engine builds. I already have a set of edelbrock lt4 heads. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello.My name is Jeff and I live in Knoxville TN. I recently bought a 97 TA that sat in a barn for over 6 years. After much basic maintenence like battery,fluid replacement,etc and a lot of cleaning she is back on the road. I am fully restoring the bird starting with engine mechanics. Car is white and I am going to retro badge it with the 78 TA hood bird and badges with body kit and ram air system. Poor guy on a budget but love this car!

·
Registered
3 Posts
96 Lt1 TransAm with Camaro front clip! Really!

I just found 150 miles away a TransAm for sale, 1996 Lt1, after talking to owner for awhile, he says, "It has a Camaro front clip" what does anyone think about that? It has some cool electric racing seats, speed chip, Flowmaster exhaust, it's black and Ttop and engine looks pretty unkempt ! Price $2,500.00 / SHOULD I RUN THE OTHER WAY? I would value any one's input, thought of calling it a TRANSCAM! Should be leaving at 11am tomorrow to look at it, 2 hour drive. I NEED INPUT PLEASE. Thank :LS1LT1flag:you all!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Intro

Hello all. My name is chuck, I live in Hutchinson, Kansas. Recently traded for a 95 Z28 A4(the car I traded was a ford contour svt 5 speed with a bad 3rd synchro...so glad to be back in a Bow Tie :thumbsup:) 144k miles on it, K&N drop in, "custom" exhaust other than that its stock as far as I know. Getting a ticking that seems like its coming from under drivers side valve cover (two of the exhaust manifold bolts were halfway out when I got it, so I tightened those up but still seemed like it was more of an internal sound) and the kid who had it before me said his mechanic looked at it and told him "its a lifter", suspecting a lifter but will investigate soon(most vacuum lines are intact but not perfect). This is my second z28. 5 years back I owned a 1997 Z28 M6 25th anniversary with the green/purple pearlescent paint(wasn't sure if that was a factory color or not) 80k miles cone air filter, lt4 knock sensor(just cause:cool:)hypertech programmer, drilled/slotted rotors, "true" short throw shifter and I chopped the muffler off the rear. Gonna try to get this 95 Z28 over 400 reliable horsepower(daily driver) Naturally Aspirated without N20. I consider myself knowledgeable and competent enough to perform most of the work required on this car. I have worked in automotive repair and customization for more than two years(although I am NOT ASE Certified:craz28:...eventually I will take the test lol) and I grew up working on tractor trailers(semi-trucks) in my families company, but I am no master technician and I am always eager to learn and share my knowledge and experience with others to help them with problems they may be having. I am excited to be a part of Ls1LT1.com and look forward to meeting and participating in discussions with other auto enthusiasts. Long Live Internal Combustion!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello

Hi I am a new member to this site and I am a huge fan. I have read many topics and I finally decided to get an account. I'm still learning so bare with me. A little about my self now... When I was 14 I bought a 3.4 camaro. Slow I know. On the bright side it had a bigger cam :lol: . I got a 3.4 ONLY because my father would not let me. "Too much power and I would get in too much trouble" had allot of good memory's in highschool with that lil v6. Anyways, 5 years later... I recently sold that car, saved some money and got a little loan and bought a all original 1996 SS m6 with 54,000miles. And no it's not bought by mommy and daddy :lol: but man I love the SS. Anyways huge fan and I look forward to learning some things from you guys... :LS1LT1flag:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Newbie here.

A Shout out to yet another family of automotive enthusiasts. We are Miklos & Sebastian. Located in North eastern Pennsylvania. We call it the lower portion of the GREAT WHITE NORTH. Our car is a 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood S&S Masterpiece Hearse. We joined this forum due to the Hearse is equipped with the LT1 engine and a 4L60E trans. I am sure common problems occur weather its a Camaro, Firebird, Caprice or Corvette. Our goal is to share our troubles, fixes and enhancements as well as find out how to fix. We are car collectors but this Hearse is an everyday work vehicle for Sebastian's interior design business.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2006 silverado 5.3http://www.ls1lt1.com/forum/

hey everyone im Warren from NM. and a newbe here I have just ordered hp tuner should receive it soon recently I purchased a 06 silverado 1500 lt with a 5.3L it came with flow masters so I added a cold air intake are their any suggestions on what tuning features and parameters I should use any advise would be greatly appreciated please remember I am new to this :surprise:

Thanks in advance
Warren

i

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all. just moved here to Henderson, NV from NY, and picked up a 1995 auto Firebird Formula LT1, T-tops, 3.23 Gears, 16k original miles. I am the second owner of this gorgeous car. Pics will follow, and I'll be sure to lurk in the forums. If anyone is from Las Vegas, feel free to hit me up.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hey y'all, I'm Bobby, from Chicago
I'm working on a 95 Z a4
I grew up with a 79 Z in the family then a 96
both cars have since left the family but i still hold tight to me the heartbeat of america I'm trying to restore the roar for the younger kids in my family and show them there's more in life than LS swaps and scrapper rice rides .... Just joined cause I've lurked for months lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
My name is SunnyB and I own a 94 Trans Am (LT1 engine), which has been a money pit since I brought it in August 2015. Looking forward to reading and researching on this forum.

341 - 360 of 375 Posts