LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am lost . I have a blk ending in 638 88-94 ? Correct? t gm5.7lg .. It has tpi and rear distributor into what I believe a 4l60e. . No optispark . This was a project I got in a merc awhile back it definitely ran and he told me it came from a z28 89-94 I can’t remember.. am I wrong? Is this the Izzy swap ? The radiator has two hard lines out the bottom going to tranny and one looks like 1” going to manifold (steam ) for reverse flow ? Plus two standard hoses . Looks like a standard water pump too me . I’m not an lt1 guy please help me .. I have taken the pics of the bell number it’s tough to see it all . There is a 4 and another number there also . Nothing on front left passenger block head area by the alternator I see . I included pics of tranny also or am trying to upload the pics now also I put a pic of the painless harness box again this is in a 69 Camaro subframe graphed into my 51 frame the ps pump is just kinda bolted in
C6BC137B-AAE7-4B85-848D-763EEDF776D0.jpeg
C6BC137B-AAE7-4B85-848D-763EEDF776D0.jpeg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The box is not painless it’s the ecm obviously I’m pulling 90-92 Camaro
Computer auto ecu prom 7730 sdspeed density on google

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I have been searching like crazy if it a 90-91 it does not have optispark or reverse flow heads ?? I’m quite fine with this news if it’s correct actually happy .. any help ?

·
Global Moderator
12,988 Posts
Your engine is not a lt1. It is a 305 or 350 tuned port injection sbc engine. They were used on camaro & firebird from 85-92.

If you would head over to the firebird nation forum, in the 3rd gen tech section, you will find the 88 GM service manual. It's actually the 88 firebird manual.

When 3rd gen tech articles opens, hit the master index tab. New page opens up. Scroll down until you find 88 GM service manual. Open that page and hit the link provided. You will find the 88 service manual there to download.

It will have chapter & verse on 305 & 350 tpi engine. As I do not have much knowledge on this engine group, this is best I can do to help you on specifics of these engines.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you I have found this out . It is stamped 5.7 so 350
Thanks anyone who helped

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks like early L98 vette engine its a high output 305 0r 350 about 240 horse or more its not got smog
Im thinking L98 I couldnt see front of heads might be 113s or captain bars 1st vortec
1st vortec had great throttle response and good gas mileage .
L98s with a little work kick butt like a lt1 just dropping in a HEI distributor will bump the horsepower pretty good
I got five buck says its a 350 L98 LOL
The distributer is coil on side like also orange paint if original is before smog .with center bolt valve covers.
The red might be Fire bird Very cool looking engine Pop a valve cover and see what heads are on it.
Dont look at the horsepower look at the 345 foot pounds of tork.
I think the guy liked old distributor for being in 69 camaro could be a upgraded dz 302 original block.
Four speed ? looks like fun any way you look at it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts