LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...my first time here. I bought a 95 Z28 recently with 80,000 miles on it. Car ran well, except for being a little sluggish at lower rpm's. I took it yesterday to have a new fuel filter put on and the entire fuel system cleaned. The car ran much smoother when I picked it up, but today it wont start at all. It used to start on the first crank every time, until the work was done. Could they have done something wrong? I there something I can check before I have to have it towed? thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Could be a bunch of things wrong. Opti, fuel system and vacumm leaks. Can you give a little more details? Would really help us figuring out your prob. Ima go get another beer. Be back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi and thx in advance for your help. Car was running ok yesterday...a little sliggish at lower rpm's, so i took it for a fuel filter and fuel system cleaning. ran fine on the way home from the shop. Now, today, I go to start it up to go to work, and it just cranks...wont start at all. This just a coincidence, or did these guys do something wrong?

·
Registered
131 Posts
get som starter fluid and make sure your intake tubes are properly fastined down to TH and MAF and spray the starter fluid around the intake i almost guarantee its a vacum leak but you should rent a fuel pressure tester and make sure its not another fuel problem theres a line on the back of the intake you just screw the hose on to threads (dont cross thread it) just get it finger tight and turn you key on but dont start it and look at the pressure gauge i think it should be 40+ psi

·
Registered
131 Posts
sorry i forgot to mention when you spray it around the intake your looking for vaccum leaks and the engine should be running, if the idle jumps thats your problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts