LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im going to get my bumper repainted, its a good original bumper but its got 2, 1/2 in cracks in an unnoticable spot by the side marker light.. ide rather not get a new bumper, primarilly for cost reasons, but dont wanna junk a good bumper.. But i dont want to use this one and have the cark mess up the new paint when it flexes while installing, any thoughts about ways to strengthen/ bond this back together? maybe gorilla glue or super glue? anything specificcally made that might work better?

any help, or if someone is a professional body man and might provide an idea?

·
Global Moderator
12,966 Posts
Use epoxy resin and glass cloth to make the repair. You will need thin epoxy so it wets cloth well. I get my fiberglassing supplies at www.uscomposites.com

To do the repair you grind the area to be repaired so it's a v shaped hole. The V means the repair area is widest at the surface of the bumper and narrows to the bottom of hole you make.

Since the material bumper cover is made from is thin, you will need to put a layer or 2 of resin & glass cloth on inside of bumper cover too.

Build the resin & glass to a little higher than outside of cover, just like using body filler. This will allow you to sand down the repair.

When finished you will have a strong flexible repair area. If done correctly, it will be unnoticeable when painted.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Bolo searched craigslist and scored--with the same color...Have parts Bolo will travel....Bolo will keep looking until something pops up---Bolo connects with others and will try to get that part--check around don't give up on same color replacement---it works....

·
Registered
222 Posts
Bolo just sold a black spoiler to a guy that needed a black spoiler...Bolo does have bumpers in his area and has the hook up on fedex...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts