LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn, Mario & The Boys are STACKED!

First we get to draft Sidney Crosby... the best prospect since Mario himself.

Then during free agency, weadd:

1) Sergei Gonchar: The highest scoring defenseman in the NHL over ther last 6 years.

2) Ziggy Palffy: Probably the most overlooked scorer in the NHL. Has averages 37 goals over the last 5-6 seasons!

3) Jocylin Thibault: Probably the 2nd best stat goalie available in free agency... second only to Khabibulan, and T-Bone has been stuck on some crummy teams.

4) Today the Pens just signed JOHN LECLAIR !!

5) They signed Mark Recchi before the lockout.

Damn, my boys have been busy! :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
They are going to be a playoff team for sure. I wouldnt be shocked if they win the cup.

·
Registered
113 Posts
chevy94c said:
They are going to be a playoff team for sure. I wouldnt be shocked if they win the cup.

LOL!!! That's funny.

Aside from Gonchar who do they have on their D line? Thibualt isn't that great IMO. Solid no doubt but I don't think he'll take you to a cup.

Playoff team? Yes. Will they make it past the Flyers? Not a chance in hell.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frosty said:
LOL!!! That's funny.

Aside from Gonchar who do they have on their D line? Thibualt isn't that great IMO. Solid no doubt but I don't think he'll take you to a cup.

Playoff team? Yes. Will they make it past the Flyers? Not a chance in hell.
Well, yes, defense is a bit of a question mark... but they do have Tarnstrom who is pretty decent.

With the new rules, though, I think offense will be MUCH more important the defense.

Thibault has a career NHL GAA of 2.495! And that is on soem crummy teams too... He is pretty underrated, and don't forget they have former #1 pick Marc-Andre Fleury as well...

As for Philly, they made some great pick ups, but they lost some folks as well. They'' be a conteder, no doubt... but we'll have to see.. a lot will depend on Forsberg's health.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Very true. This year off will help Forsberg BIG TIME.

Don't get me wrong, the Pens without a doubt improved their team but I wouldn't call them contenders, YET.

I was super pissed about the one year layoff but if that's what it took to get the new rules(which most are GREAT IMO) and to have a lot of shitty teams now be in the thick of things it was WELL worth it.

I'm a die hard hockey fan, always have been and I don't think I've ever been this excited about a season!!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Frosty said:
Very true. This year off will help Forsberg BIG TIME.

Don't get me wrong, the Pens without a doubt improved their team but I wouldn't call them contenders, YET.
Oh, I agree... to be honest, with all the personell shuffling, I don't think we can can ANYONE a leader for the Cup at this point... Chemistry is very important... look at the Rangers, and all the talent they paid year in and year out only to be under .500.

I was super pissed about the one year layoff but if that's what it took to get the new rules(which most are GREAT IMO) and to have a lot of shitty teams now be in the thick of things it was WELL worth it.

I'm a die hard hockey fan, always have been and I don't think I've ever been this excited about a season!!!

I totally agree... I am happy to sacrifice 1 season, to get everything in order so we don't have any more "baseball on ice".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts