LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this is going to be a little wordy, but I will try to explain thoroughly.

I have a 2000 WS6.

Purchased it knowing the front driver parking light was out. (Blinker on dashboard stays solid when signaling). Replaced the bulb, but that did not fix it. About a week later, it randomly starts working.

2 weeks later, the passenger parking light does not work (Blinker stays solid on dashboard).

Today I notice neither blinker functions, but the passenger parking light is on, and the driver one is not again.

I have tried searching through posts, but I can not find anything that resembles what I am experiencing here, or I do not completely understand some of the responses to the issues others are having. I am NOT auto electronically knowledgeable, except in car audio. The car is bone stock car audio, except with the replacing of rear sail pillar speakers. (And I don't believe that would mess with the front markers in any way).

Everything else functions as normal, headlights, fog lights, tail lights (with exception that tail lights do not blink) etc. If anyone can direct me where to start, that would be great.

Thanks in advance

·
Global Moderator
13,437 Posts
A bad ground or bad light socket can cause strange problems. First clean up where your lights have their grounds. If that doesn't work, a new socket or sockets might be in your future.

4th gen section has 2000 service manual to download. Look for thread titled "GM service manuals" It will have full wiring diagrams, troubleshooting, etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the same problem took me the whole day looking at forums and YouTube videos.
Simple fix. All it is, is the cars way of telling you something is wrong. More than likely you sockets are rusted. Just clean the inside of the socket. Use W40 or white viger, just look up how to. Make sure it's as clean as you can get it.
If that doesn't fix it, it might be the flasher which is $12. Either way it's an easy fix. Hope this help you out. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts