LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I have a 96 Camaro z28 SLP and it could use some paint, I've had a little experience (touch up paint and painting engines) but nothing like this, does anyone have a guide to get this right the first time and what products work best for these vehicles?

·
Global Moderator
12,966 Posts
Any good automotive paint will work for the car. Dupont,PPG, RM, Napa, & even Sherwin Williams make good quality automotive paint. Visit your local auto body shop supply store or Napa parts store.

I mentioned the complete car paint job because when you make the bumper cover look like new, the rest of the car usually looks shabby.

Since your car left factory with a base coat/ clear coat finish, I am assuming you will go that route. Automotive paint is very expensive, even the budget brands most companies have will open your eyes as to the price.

Your rpo sticker will list the factory paint code for your car. This will be the info the paint store will need to mix your paint.

There are guides you can read online, videos on youtube, and books you can buy on painting your car.

TheCoatingStore | Custom Car Paint at Amazing Prices has quality automotive paint at a fraction of the cost of the major brands. However, they do not mix factory colors, but have a good enough color selection to satisfy most people.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts