LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the proccess of putting on headers. i have one on already. i was wondering if i will notice the power from the headers. they will be open headers :thumbsup:

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Yea open headers are gay on a 14 second car. Straight up rice. And yes you will lose hp since you wont have properly functioning O2 sensors or a proper tune.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
please tell me how a lt1 with open headers is rice?

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rice stands for race inspired cosmetic enhancement... so i dont see how its rice

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
No, it stands for Radically Immature Car Enthusiasts.

RICEKILLER.COM - Uniting Imports and Domestics against Rice!

Any asshole who gives the rest of us a bad name.

Its gay. Just as gas as a civic with a 6" tip, a diesel which pours smoke all over the road, or a jackass who does a burnout at a car show.

Open headers are only cool when you run single digits.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also. why do you feel the need to give your rude opinion. if you werent being such a smart ass and ask me the rest. i have a cutout on each header. and then it goes into a y pipe which leads to my flowmaster...

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts
Also. why do you feel the need to give your rude opinion. if you werent being such a smart ass and ask me the rest. i have a cutout on each header. and then it goes into a y pipe which leads to my flowmaster...
This is one of those brutal truth things, he is just putting it across bluntly.

Short of wanting to sound obnoxiously loud, open headers is useless.

Run a single cutout if you want a decent idle bark, otherwise, leave the fart can BS to ricers.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Not trying to be a dick, but you sound young and immature. We were ALL THERE at one point, and now try to guide impressionable young minds like yours.

If these cars are not cop magnets enough as it is, you want to go and announce it to the whole town, then not be able to run away fast enough. Dont poke the bear unless you can get away. Its way more fun to have a fast car that nobody suspects, than a slow car that attracts attention.

As far as the rest of your system, you sound like you have a completely stock LT1. a 3" single will support something like 370 hp with zero loss, assuming you have a good flowing straight through muffler, which you dont. You have a muffler that actually flows LESS than stock. A single cutout in the I pipe below the passenger rear seat will be perfect for your setup. You will have enough pipe behind the O2s for the computer to take an accurate reading. You dont need dual 3" cutouts until you have something like 600 hp. I ran that setup for years, and would uncork my exhaust when I got to the track, or was just lining up for a race, then cork it back up as I drove home unsuspected.

Or you could just be a ****ing ricer and annoy the shit out of everyone and anyone you encounter and let everyone know you ARE a giant bag of doosh, like all the corollas you see now with the tow hook on the back.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am 16 and this is my first car. i only planned to unbolt the cutouts when i race

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I am 16 and this is my first car. i only planned to unbolt the cutouts when i race
Dont become a statistic and wreck it. Please.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i wont. its my baby. i wouldnt do anything to hurt it. i never drive it in the winter, and i wash it alteast once every week

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts
i wont. its my baby. i wouldnt do anything to hurt it. i never drive it in the winter, and i wash it alteast once every week
Well its good that you are open to listening, just take in what people have to say and go from there.

Most of us have been down all the roads of what mods sucked and which were worth it. So don't cop an attitude and then expect answers.

Other than that, enjoy your time in the madhouse.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Winter is not when these cars are wrecked. Its at 9:00 at night with 3 friends in the car saying "you have a 150mph speedo? I bet this thing cant do 150..."

There is a reason that insurance rates rates are through the roof on these cars for guys under 25.

And I agree with SNM, be prepared for a never ending slippery slope of the most expensive lego set you have ever purchased. Most of us got our cars when we were in our teens and are still tinkering 5-15 years later... I was 19 and am 27 now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ive already had a fuel pump and water pump go out. Im dreading the moment when the opti takes a shit on me. ill probably go msd when that happens

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ive already had to replace the fuel pump and water pump. Im waiting for the opti to take a shit on me. ill probably go msd when that happens

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
ive already had to replace the fuel pump and water pump. Im waiting for the opti to take a shit on me. ill probably go msd when that happens
Another noob mistake I made. Yes, my $515 MSD has lasted, but a $250 stock replacement would have lasted just the same if I did what I did to my MSD, which is tear it completely apart and put loctite on every screw and silicone on the cap seal.

Oh, and I kinda wrecked my car when I first got it trying to impress a girl that it could take a 90 degree corner at 50mph. NOPE. Hit the curb, blew a tire, bent my K member. Got lucky on that one.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts