LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I need some help. I have a fuel problem. My lt1 runs real rich at a idle and lean at half throttle I've put new 02s in I've checked just about everything I can think of. One thing I found but don't know if it could make tis happen is my fuel presure is only 32 psi I've orderd a new one. Have not got it yet could this be the problem thanks for any info I can get

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Check your fuel pressure regulator, I'm having the same problem. 32psi idle and wot I checked my pressure and without the regulator I got 43 psi, my regulator is draining into my fuel tank always, stuck open.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have orderd a new fuel pump and the MAF is 67 kpa at idle. I'm getting the 32 psi off the regulator. I have had 2 tunes done on it and the tuner is tellin me I'm rich at idel and lean at wot so he tells me that its a bad fuel pump I realy don't c how that can make it do what it is doing it is.

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I have not check The vac on the car at a idle but I will. Do u know what the vac should be. I do have some heavy mods on the motor. I have not checked for leaking injectors I did ohm them out and they checked out ok

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sounds more like a bad regulator then the pump. Do you have a fuel pressure tester? If you do, take the line between the pump and filter off and confirm pressure there. If it's good, bad regulator, if bad, need pump.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I do have a fuel presure guage but it hooks up to the to the schrader. Is there a adapter that I need to get? What should the pressure be out of the pump. The high and low. I do see it will not hold presure it bleeds down when u have the key off. I did just picked up a rebuild kit for my aeromotive regulator

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes you will need an adapter. You can get it pretty much from any auto store. It should key up to 43 psi and not drop less than 33 psi in 5 minutes. If it does replace the pump.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can smell raw fuel and I've used data master and u can see it the LTerm and STerm cells I will try and post it on here so u can see what I'm talking about has any one tuned the own cars on here I'm thinking of trying I've had two tuners try and they tell me its the fuel pump I just don't c how that a pump could do this

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can't find away. To post my log pictures if u would like to c them I can email them too u thanks for all the help I have been getting

1 - 19 of 19 Posts