LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New headlight motors for a Firebird are = price gouging, LOL. $130+ core.

·
Registered
153 Posts
geez, is there some sort of conversion you can do to where your lights dont pop up anymore? i think ive seen kits for other cars with the pop up headlights that make it just a regular headlight like any other car. if any of that make any sense

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Johntom said:
geez, is there some sort of conversion you can do to where your lights dont pop up anymore? i think ive seen kits for other cars with the pop up headlights that make it just a regular headlight like any other car. if any of that make any sense
not for 93-97 Firebirds....there are for the 98+ cars but its $1000. That's a lot of headlight motors.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ThrashN said:
That doesn't seem that bad to me.
It wouldn't be that bad except they've been using this same motor on F-bodies and corvettes for 20 years and they are still that expensive? Made in China and still that expensive? Where's the cost involved in a plastic gear and an electric motor?

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Chris 96 WS6 said:
ThrashN said:
That doesn't seem that bad to me.
It wouldn't be that bad except they've been using this same motor on F-bodies and corvettes for 20 years and they are still that expensive?? Made in China and still that expensive?? Where's the cost involved in a plastic gear and an electric motor?
Maybe someplace can rebuild it for you cheaper?

·
Registered
482 Posts
That's cheaper than I could get them for when I needed replacements.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Chris 96 WS6 said:
Johntom said:
not for 93-97 Firebirds....there are for the 98+ cars but its $1000. That's a lot of headlight motors.
And they're ugly. Especially on white cars :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts