LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FMS Custom Grind Camshaft - 230"/232" .595"/.585" 114LSA - aggressive profile with a 2500-6800 RPM range, rough idle

Futral Motorsports Cam Package Upgrade - Manley Dual Drop In Springs, Manley Titanium Retainers, Manley Seats, Intake/Exhaust Valve Stem Seals, FMS Hardened Pushrods to FMS Cam Selection

2 GM Valve Cover Gaskets, 2 GM Water Pump Gaskets, GM Crank Bolt, GM Timing Cover Seal, GM Timing Cover Gasket

Futral Motorsports Ported LS6 Oil Pump

and im gettin a LS2 timing chain ordered today. i can't wait to get it all in. the rest of my setup will be QTP 1 3/4 headers, TSP True Duals with sweet thunders, LSX 90/90, and im goin to tune it with HP Tuners. i have a in car valve spring tool from Crane.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, now i just have to decide on what stall to get. im leanin toward a 3k, but not sure. this car is a DD, so i ain't goin with anything bigger than 3500 for damn sure.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Phoenix57 said:
yeah, now i just have to decide on what stall to get. im leanin toward a 3k, but not sure. this car is a DD, so i ain't goin with anything bigger than 3500 for damn sure.

IMO even a 3500 is a bit on the small side. With that cam I'd go with a 3800 minimum. Best would be a 4200.

·
Registered
145 Posts
you'd be amazed at how nice some of the bigger stalls feel. You could get anywhere from a 38-4200, and have it built fairly tight, and you will hardly notice any difference from stock, with a good tune of course, until you mash the gas!! :D

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im goin to give Allan a call and see what he recommends. im keepin the stock gearin, only goin up if a 12 bolt or 9in doesn't take a 3.23. its goin to take a while for me to get the tune right with the setup.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Stick with the 3000 you will be glad you did any bigger on the street and you will not enjoy the car. You will still have wheel spin all over the place and be able to drive the car great mach to the stock gears.

Nate

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'd say a 3500-4400 would be ideal. I really think a well built 3600-3800 stall would be right up your alley. People have driven my 4000 stalled 3.42 geared car and commented on how it didn't feel that much looser than stock. A ported TB for snappier throttle response and not weighing your car down with a ton of unnecessary stuff along with a good tune really makes the car a pleasure to drive, even with a big stall.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
thats not a HUGE cam but a 3000 stall is too small,
keep in mind if you are getting a lock-up style converter that you will only be effected by stall speed in first gear... that will not effect daily driving MPG much ...

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Exactly what I am going w/the F11 112 LSA for my M6........let us know how you like!

ASP underdrive pulley
918 springs
Titanium retainers
7.4 Comp cam rods
(Have the LS6 oil pump - standard equip)
LS2 timing chain

and if money permitting.....1.85 rockers

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i doubt 1.85 rockers will work good with the F11. you would be better off with 1.75s if you are changin rockers. the ramp will be too severe with that cam. im still waitin for my cam :( , last i talked to them, they were waitin on my pushrods

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Phoenix57 said:
i doubt 1.85 rockers will work good with the F11.
X2 except i would go one further and say stay with the stock rockers for most every application. the one exception IMHO would be a motor that will be rev'd north of 7300-7500 rpms, then pony up for shaft mount.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts