LS1LT1 Forum banner

opti spark question

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  aboatguy 
#1 ·
will a msd opti spark off of a 93 z28 work on a 94 trans am?

#4 ·
what the problem is,,, is i bought the msd opti from napa less than a year ago.... i since parted most of the car out due to poor running condition of it,,, i put the opti on ebay for sell. the person that won it is trying to tell me that he is not paying for it because he did some research on it and it wont fit his car.... he has a 94 trans am.... he tells me that the opti i have will only fit a 93 camaro.... ive never heard of this... i figure he is just backing out of the deal and is trying to make up excuses

#5 ·
Sounds like the buyer is a butt head trying to get out of the deal. The only 94 lt1 cars that a type 1 spline drive opti won't work on are B-body and Cad fleetwood. The only other thing I can think of, is if someone converted a 92-94 spline drive lt1 to the newer type 2 pin drive.

#8 ·
totally cool. i wouldnt put anything but an MSD on a type 1, for the simple fact that venting helps so much, and a conversion to a vented GM type is a ton of work/money

#10 ·
totally cool. i wouldnt put anything but an MSD on a type 1, for the simple fact that venting helps so much, and a conversion to a vented GM type is a ton of work/money
I'd rather run an OEM vented OPTI than the MSD. I've done a couple of conversions GM vented OPTI and its not much more work or money especially if you're doing a cam swap. (B-body timing covers are an option)

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.