LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How well does the Opti and stock ECU perform for Turbo builds? I am building a 1984 C10 and was originally going to LT1 383 high compression (13:9:1) E85 NA but decided to change pistons to lower compression and go turbo. My question is, how many of you are running or have ran the Opti and stock ECU? I have read that there are people that have good results with them. I am not shooting for crazy power....700ish to 800ish to wheels. I orignally was going to sell all of my EFI stuff and go Blow Through Carb but after researching I am having second thoughts. I currently have my forged splayed shortblock, AFR 227s 65cc, Vic E, Arron Sheetmetal ELbow, ASM Monoblade, Siemens Deka 80lbs injectors, ford 9 inch, built th350, and two stock 96 LT1 ECUs. I figured one tune for 93 octane and another for e85. Thoughts please? This is a street car, will see maybe 1 trip a year to track.

Thanks,
Rusty

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts
The opti and PCM will work fine as long as you do not plan on spinning it that high, past 6500 would be risky to ask of it IMO.

The main issue, is MAP sensor issues and potentially MAF. The MAF will def be maxed out at past the 700hp level, and the PCM has issues with 2 bar MAPs I believe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.