LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How well does the Opti and stock ECU perform for Turbo builds? I am building a 1984 C10 and was originally going to LT1 383 high compression (13:9:1) E85 NA but decided to change pistons to lower compression and go turbo. My question is, how many of you are running or have ran the Opti and stock ECU? I have read that there are people that have good results with them. I am not shooting for crazy power....700ish to 800ish to wheels. I orignally was going to sell all of my EFI stuff and go Blow Through Carb but after researching I am having second thoughts. I currently have my forged splayed shortblock, AFR 227s 65cc, Vic E, Arron Sheetmetal ELbow, ASM Monoblade, Siemens Deka 80lbs injectors, ford 9 inch, built th350, and two stock 96 LT1 ECUs. I figured one tune for 93 octane and another for e85. Thoughts please? This is a street car, will see maybe 1 trip a year to track.

Thanks,
Rusty

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much power can the MAP sensor and MAF handle before they start to struggle? I dont want to make this thing overly complicated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts