LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think they should be looked at as a low 14 or mid to high 13sec car..STOCK?? Mags list them at 14.3 @98...I know of several already runnin 13's, over 101 & 102mph.. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,979 Posts
I look at them on how they run. Most magazines said the 97-03s only run low 15s to high 14s stock. I think the only runs to run that slow were in Colorado. So I have no problem looking at the GXP in that way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'll take that time!

Tony,
I sole my 87 Grand National (12.6 @ 106) about 8 yrs ago. It's been pickups and minivans ever since. I just bought an 05' GXP and am itching for the local drag strip to open up here in the midwest. I'd be pretty happy with a 13anything run stock.
Any launch tips?
tire pressure?
What fuel were you running?
I assume you are at pretty close to sea level?
Thanks,
Travis

[email protected](NOTE QUITE YET)

·
Registered
122 Posts
:lol: 4-DOORS.........what more is there to say.??? :dontknow:

·
Premium Member
4,979 Posts
Get back in your section leave us alone :p

·
Registered
145 Posts
NHRAMAN said:
:lol: 4-DOORS.........what more is there to say.??? :dontknow:

there's plenty more to say, like when you're pulled by a 4-dr, you're left wondering, damn, all that, and groceries and kids in the back. ;) With your mod list, you should be lear of all 4-drs. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
4 doors and still quieter than ANY F-body. There are few if any cars that look as good as a GTA or SS camaro. One ride on a bumpy road (the only kind we have in the midwest) and you remember why you didn't buy one. Sounds like my tin tool shed in a hail storm. Oh yeah and that constantly checking to see if the windows are all the way up due to wind noise. I hope they cure it on the new Z-28 so more people come back to domestics. I almost jumped ship myself! ALMOST! Until then keep the stero CRANKED!
My GXP may have four doors and admitedly a bit long in the tooth but I comfortably smoke 350 Z's and F-body's while toasting the wifes buns(heated seats) and entertaining my daughter with a DVD.
EVERYBODY'S HAPPY!
I'll take my four doors and yours too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My friend has a GXP with a 5psi intercooled turbo on it, and it flat out moves. It made 380 wheel hp with 5psi and dyno tuned on 87 octane! We are expecting 420 with 7psi and 91.
It ate the transmission in less than 24 hrs on the street. The trans is being built up with Intense/ZZP parts as we speak.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts