LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah and that is THROUGH A SET OF CATS.

With some Power Enrichment tuning that is a 500rwhp car w/ the stock cam.

I mentioned a while back on another forum that headers/cam would add 100hp to this car and I got laughed at.

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
It would easily gain 100 hp b/c the stock cam is similar to the stock LS1 cam on duration and lift. Its not a big cam. Run a real 427 cam and that car will make 500-550 rwhp w/ cam and headers alone... of course the heads aren't too bad stock!!!

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I knew if longtubes put 28hp on my car otherwise stock that a car with 40% more rwhp would gain about 40% more from the same mod. I was right.

I think the same will go for a cam. Most cams will put 30hp on a roughly 300hp car. 10%.

·
Registered
612 Posts
and i had heard that the new Z06 exhaust was pretty damn good. that engine is going to be a beast.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have from a very reliable source, that there is anywhere from 60-80rwhp to be found by simply changing the cal in the car. This was in stock production form as well.

There was some reckless speculation that a car with long tubes and aftermarket exhaust was capable of 525/525 to the tire. Not bad, but its what I would expect from a 65k automobile.

I still say a 402 in a C6 will save you cash and make more power. Yes I know the LS7 has a warranty:)

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I still say a 402 in a C6 will save you cash and make more power. Yes I know the LS7 has a warranty:)
I'm sure that's true, but the Z06 isn't made JUST for going straight, so by the time you buy a C6, a 402, upgraded brakes, suspension, etc. etc. wouldn't you be at or near the $65k mark?

Not to mention the Z06's 505hp has to be more streetable than a similar power 402..more cubes means not as big of a cam needed to hit the same power #'s ?

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
I have from a very reliable source, that there is anywhere from 60-80rwhp to be found by simply changing the cal in the car. This was in stock production form as well.

There was some reckless speculation that a car with long tubes and aftermarket exhaust was capable of 525/525 to the tire. Not bad, but its what I would expect from a 65k automobile.

Are you guys planning on building anything in the new Vette realm? Either C6 or Z06?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree with vetterlatethannever (guy on the vette forum). I got to start playing lotto :p .

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is another one with a little more miles(est 500 miles) and it put down 455 rwhp bone stock.LG already got 492 rwhp with headers only and remember when tuning comes availble this thing will be over 500rwhp with headers,cold air intake.Now GM buld my damn car :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts