LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is costing way more than i wanted. The shop im at their dad who is the tuner said i need sims..extensions will not do. So i need sims, who sells them any of the sponsors have 02 sims? Where do the simulators plug into?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok heres the start of my woes. Which i made the right decision im just dealing with the consequences right about now. Instead of just getting comp headers i get the super comp 1 7/8. Race headers, so no fittinggs for like air or nothing. SO that is all disconnected which it would have been eventually anyway. But 1 7/8's just dont like to fit. Ok its all bolted up and i get informed that it will run like scolded ass when it throws the code sending me into limp mode ( i just thought it would do nothing like it did to my bird) Ive been in limp before and it sucks. All i want to do is get it home before it throws the code. Which is only like 5 miles tops. I pray i make it. If i can get it to home before it throws the code i wont have to delete it later after the sims go in. So the only hole the headers have is right at the collector for the 02 sensor. But i dont have sims so for now my o2 is playing decoy. So my 02 sims will screw into this hole in my collectors? If so where do i stick the 02 sensor itself?

·
Registered
656 Posts
You have to have O2 sensors in the header collectors, if not the ecm won't know what's going. Sims are for the rear O2's if they aren't going to be put back in the exhaust stream. Or you could convert to OBD1 and not worry about the rear O2's.

If you have longtubes you gotta have extensions of some sort for the front O2's because they will never reach the collectors otherwise.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So if im reading right the 02's in the collectors (like i have them now although not plugged in) have to remain there. I also need to get the extensions and plug those back in right?

·
Registered
838 Posts
The O2 sensors in the collectors have to be there. Those tell the computer what is going on in the combustion process, without them you will have hella problems. The rears can use sims because they are only there to tell the computer if the cats are working properly.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok i got it now so the collector 02's have to be there so i was right toput thme there. So ill need extensions for those. Now since i have no cats on my ypipe and there is no place to put the sims where do the two sims plug in at?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Plug the sims into the harness where the rear O2's plugged in and tie them up so they don't hang down. You can drive it home with the front O2's not plugged in but it will run like ass, just reset the ecm after you get the extensions and sims.

Oh yeah, just so ya know, I have duals and I drove mine for a month or two(before I swapped to OBD1) with the REAR O2's plugged in but not in the exhaust stream and it ran just fine. I might have had an SES light though, can't remember. The light could have been due to removing the AIR also.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can i just by pass this whole 02 situation and send my pcm to pcm for less and have them delete 02's all together?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I don't know if they can delete the rear O2's like that or not, might email and ask them or somebody else on here might know. That's one reason why I went to OBD1, to get rid of the rear O2's plus the tuning software is alot cheaper.

You can't get rid of them altogether, gotta have the front O2's, that's what the computer uses to read oxygen levels in the exhaust stream and adjust the fueling accordingly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts