LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 96 z, with some bolt ons and just curious what the oil pressure is supposed to be at once the car is warmed up. i have found at idle it will sit right on 1/4 or 20psi. it shoots up to 1/2 or 40psi under normal driving conditions. when i start the car up at first itll sit at 50 or so psi till it warms up.

also what are your opinions on a dry sump oil system, had a guy offer me one for 900 bucks who i used to work with. says itll allow me to run it well beyond 6000 rpms safely

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pressure is fine. A dry sump is for race cars. What do you have done to this car? If it's a daily driver don't send the money on something you don't need.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah its a daily driver, although i like to street race.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you car is a LT1 it won't make much power in the higher RPMs anyways, the power band is pretty low. I would say unless you have serious mods to pass on the dry sump oil system and put that 900 dollars else where that will be more practical for your setup, like long tubes or something. Oh and your oil pressure is fine, but if you want to increase it try using synthetic oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts