LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lifted my car up and the oil pressure switch was just pushed on there, there is a metal tab that looked to be as if it were connected at one point in time idk forsure, how do i replace this part and could this be to why my 93 lt1 f body is running like shit, its located right above the oil filter, anybody know the answer would be much appreciated :mad:

· Premium Member
13,697 Posts
Oil pressure sender unscrews from block. It's only function is to send pressure reading to oil pressure gauge. It will not affect how car runs.

Since you have a 93 and it's running bad, I suggest you see if you have any codes. 3 of the major make the car run bad codes, don't turn on the check engine light. On your 93, the old paper clip across the dlc pins will get the codes to flash on the check engine light.

I suggest checking out the opti wiring harness, which runs from opti to passenger side of intake. If code checking comes up with DTC 16 or 36, those are opti related that can be caused by opti or it's wiring. DTC 41 & 42 are icm related codes.

Don't forget about your fuel system either. Get a fuel pressure gauge and see if you have 43 psi or there abouts at key on prime. Also test fuel pressure while idling and under driving conditions. To check while driving, tape gauge to windshield. Fuel pressure can fall some while idling but should be right up there under most driving conditions. One thing, I'm not sure if 93 has a schrader valve on the fuel rail to hook up pressure gauge, like other years of lt1 cars have. www.shbox.com will have a pic of where valve should be.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had a code 41 and i did a few thing too the motor and cleared it so im so im getting it hot right now to see if it comes back but this car is really kickin my ass, the compression is good and the only thing idk about is the icm i dont know where to get that tested at? i put two new injectors in it because when i moved #4 with #6 and 6 is the one that doesnt do anything when unplugged it bogs down were 6 was and not 4 so i figured it was the injector well its not so idk what it is, only when im on gettin on gas will it backfire and jump back and forth just tuggin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.