LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I Just purchased a 1996 Camaro z28 and am new to the forum. Overall the car is in good condition with 112,000k miles, but their are a few things that need to be fixed, so i will definately be asking some more questions in the next couple of weeks.

Right now i'm looking at getting some new tires and wheels. The previous owner mixed and matched the tires, so different brands and sizes like 225 front and 245 rear. I searched and it looks like a set of 17 X 9.5 set of c6 z06 replica wheels with 54 offset from oe wheels llc and a 275/40/17 tire would be perfect for this car with no rubbing issues. The tires i am looking too get are some Nitto Motivos as this is my daily driver.

Even though i searched, before i order, i just wanted to get some opinions if i will run into any issues and if these wheels and tires are a good choice. Does anyone know if these wheels from oe wheels llc will have issues with the rear hub and will i have to do some grinding? Here is a link to the wheels:

Corvette C6 Z06 Wheels

Thanks,

C.

·
Registered
43 Posts
IF you get the right offset you won't have any problems. I have oe wheels on my car since 01 and haven't had any problems. If you go to their web site use the car wheel finder for size and then order.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
they'll fit fine, if you're going to rub anything, it'll be the rear axle bump stops. you might have to grind away at them a bit, even if you do get the correct offset. i had to cut mine right off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the replies, i plan on purchasing these wheels tonight. I will try and post some pics when i get them on the car. I couldn't really find any reviews on the Nitto Motivos as they have been out only a year. I know Nittos a good brand, so i gonna go for it and will try and post back a review of them after i get some miles on them for anyone else who maybe considering these as a daily driver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts