LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I know yall probably get this question a lot , but whatever here it goes.... I just bought a ZEX Nitrous kit to go on my weekend car (95 Trans Am LT1) It has 160xxx miles on motor and i just had 3 valves replaced on it along with opti spark and timing chain, which snapped in half at WOT:devil: So i want to know can i install this NOS kit 100 hp shot and use it here and there at the track or the occasionaly Friday night , is that a mustang ,, must kill!! and not ruin my car?? Can these systems be safe if set up right or do they all end in a Burning pile of shit fire? Real experience and been there done that info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I think a 100 shot on a stock motor might b a bit much

·
Registered
891 Posts
just make sure to pull timing.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
you broke a timing chain and some valves, you obviously beat the shit out of the car.

spray it or not, you're going to blow it up.

so go ahead and spray it, what difference does it make?

·
Registered
891 Posts
I haven't been here in quite a while and I was just thinking how much I miss Steveo's snarky comments...haha. That's what I wanted to say!

·
Registered
255 Posts
100 shot on a good running motor is pretty safe although you should have about 4* of timing pulled. The worse condition your engine is in the more harmful it will be. As stated before, if you're going to just continually beat the shit out of your car on spray, don't fault the N2O for future failures. Other than that, spray away! 100 shot is no big deal on a motor. Plenty of guys (myself included) have sprayed plenty of bottles thru a stock motor at 150+.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts