LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my problem. My '94 Z28 sat for about 7 months. Friday, 2 days ago I finally put it back on the road. I charged the battery and it fired right up. Ran great. I drove it about 20 miles to a friend's home and shut it off. I restarted it to test the battery. And it fired right up. An hour later, it wouldn't start. It turns over but won't start. I'm not getting a spark. No spark from the coil and obviously none to the spark plugs. I changed the coil and ignition module with no luck. Please keep in mind it ran great before I turned it off....

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had the same problem man drove to work 9 hrs later no spark new icm new coil new battery turnd out to be opti advance sells opti itself if u have cap and a rotor. Check plug going to opti 1st. Look for corrosion and power.

·
Global Moderator
13,437 Posts
Trouble with buying a cheap opti is- you have a 50-50 chance of getting a bad one out of the box. So you put the bad new opti on, it doesn't solve your problem. Next you start changing other parts and still no spark.

So do yourself a favor and buy a GM, Delphi, or MSD opti. Chances are high that it will work correctly.

But before you buy any opti, run the tests shoebox recommended, to see if opti, coil, icm, or wiring is bad.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update... A friend of mine thought she was doing me a favor by having one of her friends replace the opti on my car. I found out when he was half way through. So I let him finish, what a mistake. Anyways, I have a rough idle, that clears up once I give it a little gas. But once I rev it up it pings like the timing is off. When I'm driving, if I put my foot in it, it stalls out and takes forever to restart. Is it possible to put it on wrong where it will still run but run like the timing is off? Has no power either. I'm about to take it all apart but wanted an opinion

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts