LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done installing a rebuilt trans for the first time. Also just installed Mac headers while it was apart. Battery is good, starter and alternator both good. have power at starter but cant test the solenoid power because i have no help to turn the ignition while i test for power. No clicking noise, it just does nothing. Lights and everything else work. Checked ignition fuse under the hood and its not blown. Anything else to check or do I need to test the starter with someone turning the key?

Speed sensor on rear housing of trans got the wires cut so I spliced a new one on, didn't know if that would cause a problem. Also the trans that was in the camaro had P R N OD D 2 1 and the one i had rebuilt came out of my 95 TA that was P R N D 2 1

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
could something of happened in there while the trans was drooping?

while trying to start i can hear a click comming from the center of the dash and from the passenger side of dash. didnt know what that was.... Safety switch and wires look intact but i willl have to wait till the morning when i can see.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Check your ground and make sure its good.
Make sure the wires on the starter is tight.
Make sure the cables are tight on your battery terminals.
Also, you can have the starter tested but if its doing nothing, then yes i would suspect the starter solenoid to be the culprit.

·
Premium Member
13,697 Posts
Is the park/neutral safety switch adjusted correctly. It is a safety feature that prevents starter from turning engine over if gearshift is not in park or neutral. www.shbox will have starting wiring diagram for your 95. Pay attention to all the things that must be right for starter to engage.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it! Lol I feel dumb. The aftermarket starter i purchased has 2 small posts and only one of them works and i had the solenoid wire on the wrong one.

New problem now tho..... the cooler lines on the side of the trans are leaking and I can't get them to stop. Is there fittings and rubber hose that can be used instead?

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,224 Posts
I got it! Lol I feel dumb. The aftermarket starter i purchased has 2 small posts and only one of them works and i had the solenoid wire on the wrong one.

New problem now tho..... the cooler lines on the side of the trans are leaking and I can't get them to stop. Is there fittings and rubber hose that can be used instead?
Yes, you can run braided SS lines or just rubber pushlok lines.

Are you wanting to ditch the stock hardlines completely?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.