LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
I'm a little torn...

From what I've read, the Av will have the same front end as the Tahoe, so it won't be as unique... I also was one who actually liked the body cladding... but I do admit the new one looks nice without it.

I am eager to see the interior... the GMT-800 dash is one of it's weekest spots, IMHO.

Overall, I think it looks quite good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
my dad has an 01 and its nice but i think the 07 looks better but avalanche has never been my favorite truck.but there ok i guess
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
Avalanche, IMO, is probably the most versitle vehicle on the road today... it does almost everything, and does it well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
That's not bad. Looks more "together"

Hopefully they give it a few more hp and way better brakes. I love them, but they need more whoa and go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
Karps TA said:
That's not bad. Looks more "together"

Hopefully they give it a few more hp and way better brakes. I love them, but they need more whoa and go.

I think they did a big brake system upgrade in 2004 if I remember right.... I know there were some complaints about the braking powe in the early models... sounded like most people were happy with thew upgrade though... (I haven't seen stopping distance numbers, etc though...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Did not know that. I have a friend who has an 03 and the brakes were scarey. On dry roads slowing down from 45 mph ABS would always kick in trying to stop the beast. Loved driving it, but hated the brakes. Reminded me of driving old 4 wheel drum setups. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
Karps TA said:
Did not know that. I have a friend who has an 03 and the brakes were scarey. On dry roads slowing down from 45 mph ABS would always kick in trying to stop the beast. Loved driving it, but hated the brakes. Reminded me of driving old 4 wheel drum setups. lol

Sounds like a lot of what I read about the pre-2004 model brakes... it seemed to be one of the few complaints (though a big one) about the Av... that and the big blind spots / hard to see a vehicle stopped close to you at a stoplight, etc type thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Darth Xed said:
Sounds like a lot of what I read about the pre-2004 model brakes... it seemed to be one of the few complaints (though a big one) about the Av... that and the big blind spots / hard to see a vehicle stopped close to you at a stoplight, etc type thing.
There are alot of blind spots. But screw it you're the bigger car let the imports of the world worry!

I noticed the Caddy version had 4 wheel disc brakes which I assumed helped alot.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top