LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the burn out box. I am from the Kansas City area and I am currently licensing in our TAD. We will run mainly Div. 5 but plan to run some nationals as well.

Shannon (guy)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Welcome to the board. Is the dragster new or are you just a new driver?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Good luck this weekend. Keep us posted.

What did you drive before?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I raced a capsule dragboat in the promodified category. Races were getting too far away and it seems as if the sport is dying again. So, my brother and I up and decided to buy a super comp car and go racing and use our engines. We went to Frank Hawley's school in Cali and got licensed. Then some tractor puller came and bought us out of all of our engines. So we siad what the hell lets try something fast.............So we went HEMI

I'm looking forward to the track being a lot smoother!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, that was a nasty weekend. I got one pass in, 60' was .984 but over powered the track at the shift into second and had to click it off after drifting toward the center line. Then it rained the rest of the weekend.
Looks like Denver will be our next race june 17-19. The car was on a pass tho. I just barely got into second before I had to lift and still coasted through at a 6.64 @ 147. At the 1/8th I was 3.83 @ 187. We were hoofing it..............

·
Registered
482 Posts
That's moving. :pop

Hopefully you catch some good weather next time. Are you going to Bandimere?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, the race is at Bandimere. I have never been there before. The plan is to attend the test & Tune on the Thursday before and finish my license then. This way I can compete. I hear it's pretty dang nice track.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Bandimere is five7kid's home track.

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Yes, but I'm barely to the 330' when he's going past the 1320!

We've gotten a little more rain here than usual, in fact as of Saturday had already surpassed a normal June for amount. Hopefully that means it's gotten it out of its system and won't rain us out anymore. Rain after midnight is okay, but it's usually mid-late afternoon and evening when it rains.

I know for nitro cars they suspend the normal percentage rules for the Bandimere events. Anything you're planning for the altitude?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We are actually planning to step the rearend gears up to 4.57 instead of the normal 4.29's, but other than that it's game on as usual. We've been to two races and it's rained at both. Let's hope we can leave the rain here in KC for a change.......

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Are you up to full runs for you license? How many left?

Test is only noon to 5 p.m. on Thursday. Hope that's enough time to get it in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have 2 full track passes left. They need to be quicker than 6.20 and faster than 205. We will show up with the car ready to run and should be able to turn the car around in about an hour or two barring I don't torch it. I can also make license runs during qualifying they just don't count as a qualifying passes. Mph shouldn't be a problem since I was at 187 at the 1/8th.

We are also hoping for a altitude correction for licensing in the high altitude, but we'll see.

·
Registered
482 Posts
The record at our track for a TAD is only:

Serge Dion 6.132 ET 8/23/03
Nathan Sitko 218.490 MPH 8/23/03
A 6.20 pass out there is likely a 5.90 pass at your home track. Hopefully you get the benefit of correction. :shrug

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I believe the track record for alcohol Dragster at Bandimere is 5.63. The Sitko's run a roots blower system, we run a PSI screw blower (capable of much more hp) I am expecting to run in the 5.80's if not the 70's. HP isn't our problem, it's learning the clutch...

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
I got an emailing from Bandimere today advertising the race, they said the TAD Bandimere record is 5.61 @ 252 by Rick Santos in 2000.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts