LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at a 94 lt1, the person is asking 3500$ for it and it has 210k miles. seems like the car runs fine, looks really nice as well. its an automatic with a shift kit and a 2200 stall in it. it has performance wise, dual magnaflow exhaust, E3 plugs (which ive never liked, i prefer the oem ac delcos) k&n intake system, mild cam, looks like custom sway and traction bars and some other new tune up stuff.

my questions are since ive never owned a camaro or any gm car, what should i look for that could be problems or a problem that will occur? are these cars good at high mileage? and what should first be done with the car if i choose to purchase it? and is it worth it? please inform with any wisdom and good tips you guys may have, and anything i have failed to mention. Thanks.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Find out what kind of cam is in it, as well as if it was done properly (valvesprings at the least)

I don't care what kind of gasoline powered car it is, high miles is high miles, it just depends on how the car was taken care of BEFORE you got it. Also depends on your driving style. Look for signs of blown head gaskets since it happens a lot in older lt1s

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ask what ignition components are stock/replaced...and drop the FINAL price a grand lol.

·
Registered
763 Posts
That's a lot of miles and its pricey. Although these motors are pretty durable that's still a lot of miles and as already stated if the car was abused then its not worth it. I would love to have another LT1 soilder join our ranks I'm afraid the miles just kill it. If it were me id prolly stay away from it. If you do decide to get it then this site will certainly help you to get the car in top shape. Good luck.

·
Registered
807 Posts
200k plus miles are alot on a motor that has been ,most likely ran hard. Even a 200k grandmom car is alot of mileage. Now its another story if you have the time ,knowledge and $$$ to either re-do the motor or put a re built motor in the car.But then you are going to have to consider all the mileage the
suspension and brake system has been through also. ed

·
Registered
620 Posts
Man, thats alot of miles for that much money.
IF u get it, i would rebuild the motor top to bottom sooner or later.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Stay away from it. Look elsewhere

1 - 10 of 10 Posts