LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got my new wheels on today and also picked up a set of checkered tails(for some reason ever since I had my 94 Trans Am, Ive always liked the checkered tails, now some before and after pics
wheels-

and my "new" checkered tails

all I need now is to get a TA hatch

·
Registered
92 Posts
So you went with LT1 taillights over your LS1 honeycombs? Hmmm. I like them both, I was just surprised, as I always thought people more sought after the LS1 honeycomb style.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well since I had a 1994 trans Am and also a 1996 Trans Am previously, they had the checkered tails, and they grew on me, the honeycombs look nice, just not my flavor. I think the reason a lot of people go to the honeycomb is the checkered have a history of delaminating and makes em look like crap. So far mine are good and hope they stay that way. Oh and on a funny note, I had a buyer for my OEM hood when I got my WS9 hood, and I had the car pulled into the driveway, and so when the buyer came he was a little confused and thought I sold him a LT1 hood, based on him seeing the checkered tails.:lol:

·
Registered
496 Posts
ZR1's Really set her off! I'm assuming this car is a Formula?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I dig em man! I tinted my tails, same as what you got now, to solid black lol. didn't tint them too much though, so at night that pattern shows through perfectly. Its badass.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's a nice look man!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts