LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after my LT1 pissed me off for the last time I divorced her for her little sister...And scored the sweetest deal of all time a 2002 Firebird with 94k for $2,000. It wasnt running right so the guy just wanted to dump it. Its idling rough and has issues until you get it over 1500 rpm other than that its great. The interior is shabby but I still have a brand new tan leather interior from my 95 T/A that I put out of its misery

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know right. I have people in my ear telling me to LS1 it out and it doesnt help that there are dirt cheap LS1 T56 and 4l60E combos going for 1k here lol

·
Less than 8 cylinder Moderator
4,979 Posts
Pretty good deal you got there. Ignore the V6 hate from the LT crew. They're jealous of the better engine....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Nice, i like it and that's a sweet deal. have you figured out why its running rough? Try changing coil packs, plugs/wires, hell just give it a good tune up lol. 3800s are good motors.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nah its still parked at a buddies house. I've been too busy parting out this trans am to even mess with that dam car. I'm currently stuck driving a rice mobile (honda)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Try replacing the TPS along with the MAP sensor. It sounds a lot more to me like a sensor issue to me than a simple tune up issue, but doing both cannot hurt one bit.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Very possible, also change your O2 sensors while you are at it.

Otherwise my 97 GTP (3800 supercharged FTW!) was behaving the same way and it ended up being a burnt valve. Still had power though, got decent mileage, but my idle was rough, however definitely not bad. Simple test for a burnt valve is a compression check, and if you change the plugs, you might as well perform a compression check as it will only take another minute of your time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts