LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys I am looking into buying either a 97 or 98 Trans AM. I curently have a honda haha but I am saving my money for something nice. A buddy of mine wants a corvette and we are always picking on each other on whose going to get what first and who can beat who and blah blah. But I would really like to learn more about the engines in these cars as I only know about honda motors at this point.

-Chris

·
Founder
7,472 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info Chris96ws6! I was really only pitting the 97 and 98 becuase of price reasons but wasen't sure what motors came in them. But I think the LS1 would be the better way to go. When it comes to the 98 Trans Am does it make a huge difference if you get one with the WS6 package or not?

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
90zccrx said:
Thanks for the info Chris96ws6! I was really only pitting the 97 and 98 becuase of price reasons but wasen't sure what motors came in them. But I think the LS1 would be the better way to go. When it comes to the 98 Trans Am does it make a huge difference if you get one with the WS6 package or not?

Other than looks? No.

·
Registered
166 Posts
with the ws6 package you get 17' rims and the up graded handling package....and the good looks.

Chris...that Ls1 block basics is a great link :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh ok I thought that the ws6 package gave you the ram air and like 15 or 20 extra horsepower...so like 325hp?

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
90zccrx said:
Oh ok I thought that the ws6 package gave you the ram air and like 15 or 20 extra horsepower...so like 325hp?
Only on paper....actual HP there's not really much difference. It was all a marketing thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts