LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an old gearhead and new to 4th Gens. Already have a 3rd Gen TA Vert, and Wednesday I picked up a black on black 94 LT1 TA Vert with 21,000 original miles.

I drove the car home from about an hour west of Wichita, KS, to my home, which is about 65 miles south of Fort Worth over 2 days, with no problems except what I suspect is a bad "Low Coolant" sensor, because everything checks out, and I hear they tend to be garbage.

I don't really know the tune-up status of the car, but it does appear to be a little "hard starting" compared to my 3rd Gen. What would be your initial recommendations? New plugs and maybe a can of Seafoam?

Just looking for a place to start.

TIA

Jeff
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome! That is a NICE TA!

For me. plugs and wires are almost always a first start, as well as a thermostat, just for piece mind.

The low coolant lamp is a known issue. The sensor gets dirty, and triggers the light. It isn't connected to the computer, so it can be unplugged. Just make sure to keep an eye on your coolant levels if that is the route you decide to go. That light gave me a lot of distress for the first couple weeks.

www.shbox.com

I would bookmark that page. Shoebox has compiled almost any information you could possibly want on these cars. Those links will save you a ton of time!

Good luck, and I look forward to hearing more!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts