LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I recently traded a project for a project and picked up a 1995 Trans Am. I've read through some of the info on tuning but I was hoping I could get a little assistance from some folks with more experience.

The car is having intermittent starting issues, and it's obvious this car has been worked on and modified (poorly) way before I ever got it. There is no SES light on, and I'm sure someone has modified the PCM at some point.

What I want to do is find the easiest and least expensive way to see what's been done to the PCM and do some basic tuning. I have a laptop and I know the cable I need is about $60, but I'm not sure what software would be best. I was leaning toward HPTuners but on their website it doesn't appear they support my vehicle.

Any recommendations would be appreciated, please understand I am a complete newbie to computer based tuning, but I'm willing to learn.

Thanks!

·
Global Moderator
12,966 Posts
Tuner cats obd 1 tuner with the $EE definition file will read your pcm. You can change any or all the data that is in pcm. Then use it to upload the new tune to pcm. You can also find the oem bin file to upload to pcm to go back to factory tune.

Tunercat obd 1 tuner can be had as a 30 day free trial. However the $EE definition file so tunercat will work with your car is 20 bucks. If you wish to keep tunercat after 30 days, it"s abput $90 to do so. Go to tunercat site to download.

The grearhead efi forums have many stock & custom bin files for 94-95 f-bodies.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice, that's exactly what I was looking for. Does Tunercat come with a tutorial or "how-to" guide? Or is there another resource I can use to educate myself?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts