LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello my name is jake... so the build i want to do is the lt1 block 305 crank forged rods and low comp pistons an turbo now my questions are which turbo would be sufficient for 500whp can i forge internals and turbo later what cams are notable for a turbo with this engine what trans will hold that power and maybe more in future what all suspension should i upgrade i want to figure it all out before i start buying an already have lt1 block so this is the block i want to do so please dont do like everyone an say sell it and buy ls

·
Global Moderator
13,428 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jake. So why use a 305 crank for your build? If your trying for 500 hp, I would get the forged internals from the start.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i kinda figured forged internals just cause of boost but i wanted to try the 305 crank get high rpms maybe more of a high pitch sound instead of low rumble as for driveability i want something that can sure jump off the line but will still be easy to take off without laying rubber in town an budget but also thinking about just pulling junk yard parts an see what max power i can get out of it also where would i look up tuning on them im completely lost when the that word comes to play

·
Registered
498 Posts
When you say 305 crank, you mean the crank out of a 305ci motor. IIRC that's the same/similar crank as a 350ci with 3.48 inch stroke. 305 had 3.7/3.8ish bore instead of the 350's 4inch.
Are you thinking of the 3inch stroke crank from the 302 motor?

·
Global Moderator
13,428 Posts
I believe some people use the 305 crank because it's supposed to be balanced similar to a lt1 350 crank. While 350 sbc crank is balanced differently. At least that is what I've read.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that could very well be what im thinking of im not a professional just at the beginning of a carrer well starting school for it i guess what im really looking for is to shorten the stroke to hit the higher rpms an gain more of the high pitch sound want to do something nobody around my area has seen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kinda thought about a budget turbo build or some small twin turbos but i dont think any turbos from other cars would fit or work right or am i wrong

1 - 7 of 7 Posts