LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey how's it going everyone ill try and keep this simple.

My names Andrew and I'm from Lake in the hills, IL.

And i've got a stock 94 Z28 Camaro 6 speed w/ T-Tops 182k miles on it

I got the car back last year on my birthday August 7th 2012. At the time I owned a 92 Toyota MR2 N/A Auto w/ 250k miles on it. I was searching craigslist that morning while sittin on the pooper and came accross the Z28 I have today. I ended up trading the guy my boring slow Toyota for Camaro in what I believe was one hell of a good deal :D

My plans with the car at the moment are first priority general maintence

After that I would like to do basic bolt ons and go from there.

This car is my only car at the moment. Two days before my birthday last year I was layed off so since I got the camaro it's been doing nothing but sitting in my driveway being driven around the block on occassions. In the next two weeks I finally plan on getting the car road ready both legally and mechanically.

The cars far from perfect with the major issues being the block leaks an insane amount of oil mainly from the front and main seals and possibly the oil pan gasket. As well as runs like crap and shuts off randomly from what I believe to be a bad optispark.

Further more I'm new to the LT world and V8 world at that. I've been mostly a tuner guy up untill recently.

My only question for you guys is now being apart of this forum do you guys get any kind of discounts? I see your sponser on the side bar so I was just curious.

Looking forward to hopefully making some new friends and learning a lot through here.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
You Gotta nice car bro. Im Deucie New to This Board & Trans Am World Myself, just on here seeking advise from seasoned vets you know?? Check my Introduction Trend to Read up on wat im workin wit. But Anyway Welcome to the Board An Family. Good Luck On your Maro Project!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome To The Forum. Nice Pics!! I was once into "Tuners" many moons ago, but now I can not stand to hear them on the road. LOL. Just be patient with getting your Camaro "squared away" and you will soon have No Doubt that getting rid of that 4-banger was one of your best decisions. Good Luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much appreciated. Yea I mean don't get me wrong I still I like tuners. I'm just not a fan of these stanced out, riced out, slow jap cars you see cruisin around today. I remember back when It was cool to have a fast car. Now it seems like it's more about the style than performance. But yeah anyways all I can think about now that springs coming and I've got an income again is this Camaro. It's great how much aftermarket support f-bodys have and how easy it is to make them go fast. I'm unfortunatley going to have to hold myself back because it's very easy to get sucked into debt on project cars. I learned that lesson with my nissan years ago. But overall I'm very excited to work on it this season. I've never taken any of my cars down a drag strip my first time is going to be with this car so i'm also looking forward to that as well. Before I do that though I need to take care of some much needed general maintence.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts