LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see the commercial for the new Jeep's? I think the commercial was on during the game. Whats up with them making a Jeep Grand Cherokee that will go 0-60 in under 5 sec? Are people going to start looking at jeeps for performance now? All these "average" or "Non-Sport" car vehicles getting massive engines in them is getting old in my book. Jeeps are meant for off-road, pulling, and stuff like that. Not dragging off the line. Maybe i think this way cause they will probably beat my WS6 off the line :eek: . What does everyone else think?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
mach83 said:
Anyone see the commercial for the new Jeep's? I think the commercial was on during the game. Whats up with them making a Jeep Grand Cherokee that will go 0-60 in under 5 sec? Are people going to start looking at jeeps for performance now? All these "average" or "Non-Sport" car vehicles getting massive engines in them is getting old in my book. Jeeps are meant for off-road, pulling, and stuff like that. Not dragging off the line. Maybe i think this way cause they will probably beat my WS6 off the line :eek: . What does everyone else think?
i find the average economy car performace thing a bit annoying, its almost like the Saturn commmerical i saw awhile ago, the guy is talking this and that about his car and then say "yea, i could have bought a BMW Z4, but then i would have spend a lot more, and not be faster"

i think that was the last time i watched TV before 10pm

·
Registered
79 Posts
At close to 40k i do no think too many would sell. I wish I could have one though, might be kinda like the Sy/ty's from the early 90's.

·
Registered
31 Posts
8UWAV6 said:
At close to 40k i do no think too many would sell. I wish I could have one though, might be kinda like the Sy/ty's from the early 90's.

They are priced right at what the Trail Blazer SS will cost

·
Registered
838 Posts
It's getting interesting again for performance. This is a good thing as it will eventually translate into more offerings for us as well as more manufacturer support in general for 'performance' products. Old yes, but good. ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think Dodge/Chrysler's SRT lines are getting pretty intense. There was a Test Drive on Speed with the SRT line. I actually kinda liked the Cherokee SRT-whatever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts