LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I just finished replacing my old Pace Setters headers with the Speed Engineering Stainless ones that are so popular. For now I just unhooked the pipe/hose for the AIR system and did nothing else. The problem I'm having is that it stuggles to idle. I have to feather the gas. It will stall if not careful. I figure it has something to do with the AIR system. Would the AIR system cause any kind of vacuum leaks? Any thoughts?

Vince

·
Global Moderator
13,642 Posts
I am not familiar with the brand you bought. But if they cost less than about $800, they are most likely the cheap China headers that are sold at many placers.

The fitment & sealing characteristics of China headers are not very good. So go ahead and check them carefully for leaks.

On the other hand, removing & replacing headers can tear or unplug vacuum lines. So carefully check to see if this is the case.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I took the car back out yesterday and didn't have the idling issue. Strange. Oh I'm sure the headers were made in China. Would have liked to have bought Kooks but the price was too high. Even though they are USA made they are still over priced imho. I have bought USA made headers many times over the years Hedman, Hooker etc... for a huge difference in price. I know the Kooks are stainless but their premium for stainless isn't worth the extra money. $700 buxs and yeah I'd be on them.

·
Global Moderator
13,642 Posts
Most people don't know this, but there are a bunch of types of stainless. You can bet China uses the cheapest type. While kooks uses premium quality stainless.

But like you, I can't spend $1000 on a set of headers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts