LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick little hello to the community.

Just picked up a nice little gem, if I do say so myself. Found a one owner 2000 WS6 w/ 45k on it. I had been keeping an eye out for some time, and couldn't contain myself when I saw this on the side of the road. I do plan on keeping it mostly stock, but can't help but learn more about my ride. I am sure there are plenty of tips & tricks here for keeping my ride in tip top shape to be found here.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Skeeterbeater79 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Where in new york? I live in Selden on long Island. There is a car meet every Friday night at the Dave and busters in farmingdale. Though it gets blown up by cops every single time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
345 Posts
M6 or A4? Are you wanting to just do bolt ons? How much abuse do you plan to give it? How much do you know abouth 4th gens and the common issues they are prone to? There are several things we can tell you about yer car so it's not so frustrating in the future when problems arise. Wow only 45k on a 00'! You got lucky. Chances are that the window motors, headlamp motors, and rearend hasn't started giving you problems yet. Yeah let us know your plans and we'll point out things to avoid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
M6 or A4? Are you wanting to just do bolt ons? How much abuse do you plan to give it? How much do you know abouth 4th gens and the common issues they are prone to? There are several things we can tell you about yer car so it's not so frustrating in the future when problems arise. Wow only 45k on a 00'! You got lucky. Chances are that the window motors, headlamp motors, and rearend hasn't started giving you problems yet. Yeah let us know your plans and we'll point out things to avoid.
O yeah, its the 6 speed! Yeah, I will be reading a lot, I am not new to car enthusiasm, but yes, new to 4th generation ownership. Tasteful bolt ons yes, abuse on the car, nah. Going to try to maintain a nice tasteful well maintained future classic, IMO. :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
I suggest (in this order): air filter, lid, full exhaust, suspension, 4.10 gears, and then an hp tune. Don't waste money on MAF's or Bellows, they really don't show any gains (or at least I didn't notice any). Keep in mind that the weakest part on these cars are the pathetic 10 bolt rearends. If you decide to run with the 4.10's, the clock starts ticking on it. However, some people never have problems with theirs, some are riddled with them. My first one lasted for about 5 years with moderate abuse. When those sail speakers blow, replace them with the AC delcos or you'll lose richness and bass.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
O yeah, its the 6 speed! Yeah, I will be reading a lot, I am not new to car enthusiasm, but yes, new to 4th generation ownership. Tasteful bolt ons yes, abuse on the car, nah. Going to try to maintain a nice tasteful well maintained future classic, IMO. :)
Guess I wont see you at the Valley then?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts